What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

Drove her from West Yorkshire to Somerset for a few days on the farm :grinning:

4 Likes

Enjoy

1 Like

Bit of annual maintenance, stripped the brakes, cleaned, greased. Cleaned the Meisters, yep I check and clean them every year, a wipe over really, they still look fresh and new looking for 4 years old. Swapped wheels front to back, reckon the tyres will need closer inspection next year, the tread is on the wrong side of half worn now.

Collected my Dakar after some paint correction this weekend. Not bad for 23 year old paint!

11 Likes

Ride out over Holme moss, snake pass and the strines

8 Likes

My wife today at Arundel, we had been to Eastbourne all day and returning home, hood down since leaving home at 10:00, time at Arundel just getting dusk…

3 Likes

Fitted some jass headlights

2 Likes

Drove her to Cheddar Gorge to pick up some cheese and beer :crazy_face:

7 Likes

One of my favourite roads👍
My excuse is to buy apple chutney :joy:

1 Like

We almost picked up some apple chutney lol :joy: and yeah a great road for some fun :innocent:

1 Like

made it cheaper :smiley:

planning taking it somewhere to avoid covid :slight_smile: for a week

Presumably you bought Cheddar Cheese? The apple chutney would go well with that…if you had some…

3 Likes

You are correct it was of course cheddar lol next time will grab some chutney :grinning:

1 Like

Installed the new version of the My Mazda app on my phone

Did chedder two weeks ago but not in the 5 down North Devon for a long weekend will do it again in the 5

1 Like

Long time coming but I finally cleaned the hood drains out today, after 7 years ownership.
Why the neglect you may ask, well they’ve been running freely, always look under to see if they are ok when washing the car.
OS one starting to go from a gush to a trickle though, all clean now and better that side.

Would you believe it’s a right faff but with a torch and my head in there (under the half open hood) job done I found the holes.

3 Likes

Had a go at Reconditioning my my misty headlamps with K2, 5 mins each side not bad, happy days.

4 Likes

Not being cheeky…but have you had the front wings painted?
Racing Bronze was one shade notoriously shade-different with wing mirrors & front/back bumpers from new.

All original but yes different shade on different panels.

3 Likes

Could never understand how that happened. It was not the only colour back in the day either.
I saw early unsold ND’s the same…wing mirrors in particular. Must be something to do with whatever part of the factory painted these bits…or plastic having some sort of effect.
Really odd.