What have you named your 5?

What have we all gone for as names for the precious “inanimate objects” in our lives?
I know some people don’t agree with having names for their cars and to a point I agree but since I got my 5 I’ve always thought this isn’t just any old car this is a hobby/project and something to be enjoyed so giving it a name just seems right.

Mine is called Scarlet and she’s even got it plastered on the front. :joy::joy: Whats yours?

1 Like

My very nice Mk2 is known as “The MX-5”.

Unfortunately, due to a change in family circumstances, very soon likely to be known as “That MX-5 we used to own”.

2 Likes

My mx5 is called Zoe. My girlfriend named her after my favourite actress. Zoe saldana

2 Likes

IMG_2577 IMG_1863 my nc1’s. Red 2.0 sport is tonto and the silver 1.8 is lone ranger.

4 Likes

Ours is called Maz :blush:

3 Likes

:frowning:sad news!

They are both very tidy examples :slight_smile:

Mine is known as “the black car” to differentiate it from “the blue car”, “the orange car” and “the white car”.

3 Likes

Mine is called Nugget, as suggested by the name of the paint colour and by how precious he proved to be last year (see earlier post).

4 Likes

It’s had its day. Too many vehicles, so something really has to give. I might change my mind the next time I drive it because although it’s one of the first Mk2s made (Jan 98) it drives like new and has only done 45k miles.

3 Likes

My spanish grandad used to call us “tonto” when we were being stupid… “Tonta” for a girl.

1 Like

The NB is called Maisie and the ND is Connie, it’s an Icon. :blush:

4 Likes

When we bought the ND we referred to it as the little MX which soon became Little MinX. The NC is our neighbours car that they treated themselves to as a 30th wedding anniversary present, affectionately know as Pearl.

5 Likes

With a bit of luck it will go to someone who will also cherish it.

1 Like

That really is a stunning car. Is it a NC3 ? and what is the year, as I’m looking at one right now. PM if you wish Christophe. Is it True Red by chance>

Pm’d u

Mine’s called, the one in the garage.:dizzy_face:

2 Likes

MEET ERIC

8 Likes

Is this the latest replacement for the, was red NB or an earlier car?:thinking:

Hi mick,
That’s the previous car to the red mk2,

But it’s the only named car I’ve had
( named by previous lady owner :man_shrugging:)

Still looking for my next 5 but nothing catching my eye :eye:

I may be interested in this if current owner sells in near future

You found another yet :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:??

2 Likes