What is the correct power steering fluid for 2003 1.8 Euphonic

Good morning.
My model of MX-5 is: 2004 MK 2.5 1.8 Euphonic,I’m based near Chesterfield. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on the correct Power Steering Fluid to use to top up as mine is extremely low and I am trying to eliminate causes for steering creaking at slow manoeuvres or when nearing full lock. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. __

Automatic transmission fluid, Dexron 2 or whatever number they are on now.

Many thanks Robbie.

Just topped it up with quite a small amount of ATF and hey presto, silent steering.

We’ll investigate further as to where it is losing fluid from, but for now, happy days.

Wow Robbie that dates you! They are currently on Dexron 6 but 4 seems to be the most popular one at the moment.

It will always be Dexron II to me and it seems a lot of others:-)
That is what was originally installed.
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
The OP will presumably be topping up his PS fluid rather than completely replacing/flushing, so cannot go wrong with Dexron II.

Dexron ll is no longer licensed but either lll or lV both of which are compatible with earlier versions.

Just do a comparative search for Dexron 2 on ebay. Licensed or not it still seems to be commonly available. Most of us probably have a container of it that is at least 10 years old. I certainly will not be throwing mine away bacause Dexron 3,4,5, 6, the sequel is available:-)