What is this? what is it for? 🤓

i recently had to remove my yellow engine brace to get at my oil filter.

what is this circle:
circ

(this isnt exactly the same as mine. i have mk1 Japanese import. but it looks pretty much the same, except mine is black where this is silver.)

it has an adjustable screw on it. what does it do if i unscrew / screw it?

It’s the top of the damper, the screw will be to adjust the damping.

1 Like

just a follow up on this question:

i’ve read folx advising to adjust coilover dampers in terms of clicks eg with 24 settings. people say things like - adjust it 7 clicks, for instance.

i’ve also seen some adjusters that are like dials. mine is just a screw, not a dial and it doesn’t click when you turn it.

so how are you supposed to adjust it with any degree of accuracy?

how can you ensure both the left and right are the same if you can’t count the clicks?

do you just have to count the number of turns you do?

:thinking:

They look like Meister adjusters. The won’t be clicks as such more like you will feel a mild resistance when turning the adjuster to the next setting. Just make a note of the position of the arrow and move each one the same amount of turns accordingly.
If you want to have a play with the settings turn each one fully clockwise or anticlockwise then go for a drive. Depending on which way you twisted them to start with then adjust back to where suits your taste in comfort, soft or a little harder. Keep count of the clicks or turns so you get the correct balance left/right.
You don’t have to do all four corners the same, could have softer on the rear for instance than the front, so adjust to suit.
BTW the rears could be more inaccessible, going in at each corner of the boot.

1 Like

Konis had a seperate knob. No clicks, just numbers of turns. Full anti-clockwise is generally the softest setting. Find how many turns from softest to hardest, then halve as a starting point.

Might be an idea to actually take a look at what shocks you have.

Teins are green, and can be fitted with a stepper motor to the tops (“EDFR”) to give you dashboard control.

1 Like