What should I do about this?

Afternoon all,

Noticed today that the shock absorber boot on the front N/S is shot to pieces.

I can’t seem to find a single boot, but I’m yet to trawl ebay also.

That aside, is this a DIY job if i can get the strut out or does the the spring have to come off and everything?

Cheers!

Spring has to come off.

It’s a dust cover will not fail mot but if you can get a cover it’s a strip down suspension leg as to come off plus spring so you will need a spring compressor …but if it does not bother you pull of the loose bits …I had to wait 2 months for the front covers and 4 months for the rear…nobody had them

Damn it. I suspected as much.

Well for the time being I’ve neaten up the torn bits, pushed them into each other and secured with a cable tie, seems to be doing the trick.

I’ve also noticed an odd squeaking noise coming from the same corner this morning, but it’s not as t all obvious as to what it is.

Any suggestions?

It may be a hard one to find have you checked for play in the joints or you could start to spray wd spray the top off your suspension leg see if it goes then work you way round all your joints one at a time spray test if it stops that may be your problem slow but cheap way… Won’t fix it but could point you in the right direction…

Yeah I’ll give it a go!