What's your MX-5 called?

Have a Guess :thinking:

OK [NB 2.5] Shape, Speed & a Nod to the late actor Steve McQueen

1 Like

Queenie?

Stevie McQueenface?

Trophy? After the Triumph Trophy he rode in The Great Escape?

:joy::joy:

Film 1968 ‘Bullitt’ starring the late Steve McQueen [Great Escape]

Film famous for Car Chases in a 1968 Mustang

Apparently the late actor tried to buy the Car twice and failed

He was one ‘cool dude’ as is the Mustang

[Even Mature Ladies can Dream]

1 Like

Tizzy.
Previous owner named it…I’ve kept it.

1 Like

My 2011 True Red MX5 NC 2.0 litre Sport-tech is called Maizie. I’ve owned her since 2018. Before that I had a classic MGB Roadster and she was called Betsy. I’ve only given names to cars that have been fun to drive and make me smile when I look at them. My Maizie certainly fits the bill in that respect.

1 Like

I’m guessing there are alot of cars called ‘little red’, mine was always called that or the little car.

3 Likes

Son in Law called it ‘The Hairdryer’, but with even less hair than me he somehow always managed to avoid a ride in what we call ‘the little car.’ The eventual suggestion was that he didn’t want to lose his few remaining follicles.

By contrast Brother in Law recently called it the ‘Hair raiser.’ He has a thick thatch with no worries about loss.

Is this a reflection on my very careful sedate driving? It can’t be that scary if SWMBO so often falls asleep in the passenger seat.

2 Likes

Ha, ha! Yes, I am sure you are right!!

My late mum always called my previous MX5s “The Boy”. My latest is called “Notso” as she is Innocent Blue :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oops you did it again? :wink:

Stormx5y

2 Likes

Eunice the Eunos
20220602_092346

3 Likes

I’m not very original with car names … My MX-5 RF is called “Mazzi”.

My Lexus RC F is called “Lexi”, although my neighbour calls it “the Beast” … something to do with its V8 engine, I think!

1 Like

Like the names and the sound of that V8 starting up!!

2 Likes

I have named my 2014 sport venture ‘Victor Tango’. The reasons why are explained in the link below

Thanks

Russ

2 Likes

Never been one for female names, but my RF launch edition was Red Fury and now my 30ae is called Orange Crush

4 Likes

You know when you’ve been Tangoed :wink::joy:

That’s a stunning car!

Such a great thing to to to celebrate your Dad’s accomplishments.
Also a really nice tribute that Duxford did allowing you to park next to the Britannia and to have those photos taken :smiley:

1 Like