Whats Your Tyre Mileage?

Lots of posts about Which Tyre to choose but no mention of MILEAGES people are getting from a set of tyres.

Thought it would be interesting to start a thread for you to post the distance covered on your last set of tyres.
Note: Only rule for posting is the car must be ROAD USE ONLY - NO TRACK DAYS.

To start the thread…

My Yokohama A11A - fitted to 1.8 MK3 have covered  36,000miles in 3 years.

Mines still running on its original tyres:

Michelin Pilots - a mk2 1.8iS - covered 28,500 miles in 10yrs 6 months

(car is always garaged so tyres haven’t cracked / weathered etc) Rotated front to back and new pair going on rear next month.

28k miles on Yokohama Parada Spec 2, rotated at 15k

I’m on the Yokohama A11A’s too and done 23000 miles in 3 years.  Still got 5mm left on them.

Driving style must be a factor as well

Yoko Advans made it to 18,500 k with 3mm left when i changed them
Rotated once at about 12k.

Now on Uni RS2s - 7.5k and 6-7 mm on front
5-6mm on rear

i expect to get less from the Uniroyals - am getting better grip

I’m on my second set of Michelin pilot’s. The originals lasted 32,000 rear and the fronts where replaceed at 34,000 as one tyre was damaged but would have gone on for around 38-40,000miles.

Car mileage 27,000 of which 2,000 were done on Nokian winter tyres. Rest was done on the Advans, which have 5 mm left. I’m assuming they were the original tyres as fitted to the car - I’ve had it for 15,000 miles and the tyres were part worn when I got it, and it does not appear to have been thraped - sorry, used sportily!

Most of the mileage so far has been tootling up and down the motorway, traditionally this kind of use gave me 35 - 40k on the front wheels of an FWD car, or about 3 times the milage I usded to get before motorwar commuting (other people call it motorway commuting, but I know better!) .

I get about 6,000 out of a set of mine Whistling

Just changed my original Yokohamas after 38000 miles on my 1.8 MK3, rotated them a couple of times over the 5 years I’ve had the car. Put some Falkens on there now and they sound a lot quieter so I assume they’ll wear a lot quicker??

Damn!some people are getting some serious mileage out of their boots. Obviously not driving the car how it should be or…some absolutely amazing suspension geometry setup that has eleminated almost all tyre wear!wow, fancy that.

I’m hitting 22K and all four Yoko’s need replacing now.

ive had my Yoko tyres for about 4 yrs now, no probs & about 20,000 clocked, except last week a little old lady in a corsa ran me off the road…Embarassed

how embarresing is that? it was either hit the pavement curbstone ruining a sidewall or let her ram me head on on the wrong side of the road in traffic (she was on wrong side).

£52 was cheapest i could find. 

I’ve never actually worn out a set; they’ll go out of date first.  However, based on an accurate measurement of the tread and the mileage, I calculate 20,000 miles for GSD2 tyres assuming rotation to even out the wear.

Am very happy to get about 7,000-8,000 miles out of Toyo T1R Proxes on mine, reason for the happiness? At least they pull up in a shorter distance when really needed to and at only £34 each its a false economy to have tyres that last forever just think of your no claims bonus if they fail to stop you in time on that one occasion when you only have half the thinking time to jam the anchors on Thinking

Pretty impressive in wet monsoon or typical UK weather conditions too and very predictable when driving close to the limitsWink

Dr. EunosGeek

My Rainsport 2s are now on 16k + with one rotation
Still stickier than the harder Yokos and have 4mm left
and [don’t yell i know]
i kept the rogue Toyo on and it has worn faster ~ but it has held up it’s end in company with the Uniroyals with no issues whatsoever (i just wouldn’t advocate the mix normally or generally)

I’m on the Yokohama A11A’s and done 25000 miles in 5 years, had my MOT yesterday and the rears were highlighted as Advisory (but needed new front pads and discs!)

Have yet to see more than 8k out of a set of Toyo T1Rs, my 2nd hand 888s lasted a day Embarassed

You want some Federal FZ201’s, superior grip, consistency and far, far superior life.

My road use only 195/50R15 T1Rs are just about on the limit after 4,000 miles. The last 500 or so miles has been interesting, as they now spin up in the wet in any of the first three gears. This isn’t because of hooligan behaviour - I drive like I have my contact details all over the car in huge orange letters.

Don’t weld up your diff if you want low tyre wear.

I agree with Dr Eunos here, mine last about 8000, and perform (toyo t1-r)

Save tyre wear and fit rock hard ditch finders and pay for the bodywork repairs instead??