Where have you been in your MX-5 today?

Hailsham to Dover, Calais, Orleans, Sarlat overnight. Then Gouffre de Padirac to Carcassone via twisty roads (200miles of them!).
Then overnight in Carcassone. Then beach and onto Capestang. That was 3 days.

Spent 5 days on a boat on the canal system, then a long run back via Chenoncuex to Calais.

Overall 1741.8 miles in 4 days of driving in 37 to 41 degrees of heat. Mostly top up with air con. Tough driving due to the exhausting heat but the car was perfect.

3 Likes

We had a pleasant drive out in Derbyshire yesterday but a not so pleasant drive back home.
Cant really go into detail as the police are involved and hopefully dealing with the incident, Iā€™m not confident any further action by them will happen. Dash cam footage submitted.
Just saying what a palaver reporting stuff now to the police, itā€™s online or if you dare ring 101.
The car got off lightly me thinks, no damage as such but superficial wounds, easily sorted.

4 Likes

Just got back from the Peak District. Lovely people, beautiful scenery and amazing roads.

Must have been across the Snake Pass about 10 times - met some friendly fellow owners and bikers in/around the area.

I may have been making progress but all of them showed me a clean pair of heels.

Got back down south and no sooner had we crossed the M25 and we were encountered typical London back-2-fronts.

4 Likes

Back from MOT. Passed. Needs new front discs though. Easy one.

NC sits very nicely on those wheels.
Lowered and spacers or just different offset on the wheels?

1 Like

Koni dampers with H&R springs. Dampers only rebound adjustment. No height adjustment. I think they are a 30mm drop.

I find the set-up a bit too aggressive for everyday low speed driving. But magically smooths out and begins to make sense at 50mph and above.

No spacers, the wheels are offset. To be honest, not my favourite wheel/tyre combination but they were on the car when I bought it.

Both my daily and the MX5 have satin black wheels. Guess what my least favourite wheel colour is? Sometimes, in life, you just get what you get.

1 Like

Work.
Again.
Nice 58 mile round trip in glorious Worcestershire/Herefordshire.
Not a motorway in site and very little traffic.
Pity about the tractorsā€¦

Rick.

1 Like

Took the MK1 for some exercise to Stirling Castle & back.
Just to keep the discs shiny & battery tip top.
Then I topped up with 10 litres of E5@ about Ā£1.42 per litre :wink: which was quite pleasing.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s cheap. Around ust the cheapest E10 is Ā£1.71.9 and E5 is Ā£1.79.9.

Good stuff. How many Groats to the gallon is that? :wink:

2 Likes

Which garage Iā€™m on my way, will I need a kilt to prove Iā€™m from :scotland:??šŸ˜:+1:

1 Like

Well,
In truth, it was two of these I filled in Xmas 2021.
:wink:

3 Likes

We all wish eh? :smiling_face_with_tear:

Well done. I believe thatā€™s whatā€™s called investment.

Going to turn on the gas fire in our lounge and not light it. Weā€™ll keep the doors closed until winter and then weā€™ll be nice and warm at summer fuel prices. :smiley:

1 Like

You cheeky little monkey. Hook line and sinker, respect.
:heart:

2 Likes

Great Idea.
Boom!

1 Like

Leyburn to Masham and back to BedalešŸ„°
The golden trianglešŸ˜Ž

2 Likes

So, I left Porthmadog this morning and turned left of to Pwllheli then on to Caernarfon castle. After a swift visit and a walk I set sail for Buxton but not on main A roads. Had a lovely drive through Llanberis and onward to Buxton.

A really hot day. Top down all the way but I confess to a moment of weakness when stuck in a short queue for a roundabout when for a millisecond I considered putting the roof up and turning up the AC! However, in true soft top tradition I toughed it out all the way to Buxton.

A great day and some great roads, particularly through the Peaks.

A hot shower and a few glasses of wine later and Iā€™m ready for tomorrow :grinning::grinning::grinning: what a great car!

Regards
Clive

3 Likes

Good drive today on some great roads around the Scottish Borders/Dumfries & Galloway. A7 from Hawick to Longtown - strangely quiet which made it a real treat. A bit of the M74 after this then the A701 out of Moffat to Broughton. Again this was very quiet. Itā€™s a while since Iā€™ve been over this road but well worth a visit - a great mix of twists coming out of Moffat up to the top of The ā€˜Devilā€™s Beef Tubā€™ then nice sweeping bends (plus a few tighter ones) on the way down to Broughton. On from Broughton to Selkirk via Peebles then the A699 from Selkirk to St Boswells and (my favourite bit) on to Kelso via Maxton. This last bit from St Boswells to Kelso may only be about 10 miles but when there is no traffic on it (like this evening) it is excellent.

6 Likes

Popped over to Brooklands Museum today for the Aston Martin Heritage day and found the perfect parking spot next some other club members!

5 Likes

Gorgeous day again today, had a run out to Llangollen via Ruthin and over the Horseshoe Pass.

I pulled in behind this fella, do you think I out cooled him :rofl:.

He couldnā€™t take his roof off.

8 Likes