Which tyres

2.0 nc with the 7.5j 17’s. Was gonna get the pilot sport 4’s all round but was worried they’re gonna be too sticky to get any sliding action. will be doing the occasional track-day but want the car to move around a bit.

Think you need NickD’s advice here, he’s the tyre man and he supplies track tyres too.

1 Like

If you want it to ‘move around a bit’ just put the cheapest tyres you can find on and save some money. Track driving is not about moving around a bit what you need is auto testing to really test your skills.
:heart:

1 Like

I appreciate the advice but have a well sorted a1 that grips on track like nobody’s business want to take my mx5 and have to manage the back end a bit more on the limit rather than pure track times.

Toyota fit Michelin Premacy HP to achieve a rear end that wants to slide on the Toybaru

1 Like

My new Toyota GT86 came with Michelin Premacy HP tyres, it really scared me in the wet.

After 6 months I had a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 fitted. Absolutely transformed the car. Sold the Premacy HP tyres to another GT86 owner.

1 Like

I’d go with the Pilot Sport 4s, a great tyre and a judicious lift at the right moment will get the back end active

1 Like

The problem with those Primacies is that they give almost no communication. I’ve no problem putting the back end out, but I want to do it when I decide and not when the car decides (especially if it doesn’t tell me when it’s going to do it).

One of the first things I did on my GT86 was to swap to Yokohama V105S all round (even though the Primacies had loads of tread left - they go on for ever). I’m on my second set, and very happy with them.

I’ve just put a pair of Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 2 on my recently-acquired) NC3 (the other 2 were OK, and I wanted to stay with the same tyres all round. Haven’t had the chance to do enough miles to form an opinion of them yet.

1 Like

I have a pair of aptany sport tyres just took em off as dealer fitted em only done 100 miles they might suit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks but more looking to the high performance spectrum of things, got 4 budgets on there from when i got the car and they’re not cutting the mustard even on the back.

Really can’t agree with that, you are never going to be fast if you can’t deal with the car moving around. Out of control is a different matter, but if you want to get the best out of tyres and the car you are going to frequently be the other side of low slip angles.

1 Like

Normally I would say Kumho PS71s which is what I have on mine but in the current situation I’m considering changing them for four piles of bricks.

:wink:

5 Likes

Just found this in my files https://photos.app.goo.gl/S6nfG3CgeZkuJBoF8

1 Like

My suggestion is just buy any tyres you like.

Whichever you choose, some will strongly agree with your choice, others will say you’ll end up in the ditch within seconds. :wink:

2 Likes