Who do you use?

1. My model of MX-5 is: __ Niseko 2.0
  2. I’m based near: __ Nottingham
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __ Service/repair

Hello Guys

Can anyone recommend a service/repair garage that they use for their 5.?

1 Like

Thrussington Garage, East Goscote, Leics. I travel up from Bedfordshire to use them.

The alternative would be Sam Goodwin in Nuneaton.

+1 for Thrussington. I travel from Worcestershire to use them.

Another plus one, but I only have to travel from Loughborough.

Mine is going next week for new boots. The tyres on it are as supplied by the garage I bought it from in June this year but I spotted a few weeks ago that they’d replaced the rears before delivering with run flats…

I spoke to Mike today and he agreed that run flats on an NC3 is a bad idea. No wonder it’s been a bit twitchy in the wet!

I’m up north, I used Mazdadudes it’s the only reputable mazda-only garage I know remotely close to me. They tightened my belt for free due to stretching from new.

Just wanted to give a big thanks to S.P.A at Ilkeston for the stirling service I received last Friday.

The guys did a oil and filter change, gearbox oil, diff oil and coolant change.

Very knowledgeable guys with a true passion for the 5.

1 Like

Stoneacre in Doncaster. Convenient for me. They do my wife’s Seat, so I just have them do the MX5 as well. Reliable. Last service (no. 12 at 95,000 miles) cost around £180, not incl. plugs.

Paul Roddison, Roddison Motorsport, proper expert in all things MX5, 500 metres from the motorway junction.

2 Likes

Greem, GUYS. Have you thought about all year around tyres, cost a bit more but much better for an all year around car?

I live on a slight hill, we are half way up. During all this snow, only vans could get up our road. Every neighbour right to the top, had to park at the bottom. It’s not a road that gets any council attention, even though we have a sand/salt box. Lokked last night and they are about £130 `a tyre fitted. Just a thought.

Niseko1. How mush was that please buddy? Did you wait or is it close to you?

I waited, although outside due to covid rules but they are fairly close to me as in a 20-25 minute drive. They do have a courtesy car but I didn’t see the point. Gave me a discount as I had all fluids done at the same time.

Oil and filter
Coolant
Gearbox oil
Diff oil

£200

1 Like

Hi
Depends on how you drive. Have heard it said they are the worst of both worlds. Not as good to drive on as normal tyres on the summer and not as good as winter tyres in, erm, winter.
We live highish in the pennies and for winter tyres from November to April 1st. If you don’t usually have snow I wouldn’t bother
Just walk up the hill every 5 years or so. Before anyone really thought of using snow tyres I used to get most places in snow by putting a lot of weight in the boot of rear wheel drive cars. No where to go with FWD