Who has boycotted E10?

E10 has been in use in the US since the early 1990s. Have vehicular fires been rising due to increased fuel line failures? In another thread, there is ample evidence that US spc NA Miatas have the same fuel lines as NA JDM Eunos Roadsters as NA UK MX5s.

From the MY2000 US spec Miata factory owners manual (NB, the wording in the 2001 NB-FL is identical)

From the MY1994 NA 1.8 manual

You can also check Miataforum for literally 20 years of real world experience with 10% ethanol (and higher.

Its going to suck powr from your car, and NAs need all the horses they can get.

Its going to increase your fuel consumption a bit. But no one buys an MX5 to save money. My 1996 NA, pre-E10, got worse MPG han my 2004 V8 Jag.

It’s not going to damage your car (though I wouldn’t let the car sit over the winter with a full tank of E10).

No, 10% ethanol isn’t a problem.

All the gas stations here have been selling only gas with 10% ethanol for a couple of years. I think my mpg went from 34 to 33, but that’s about it (I have a '92).

Its all we can get in MN. Its been shoved down our throats for at least the last 10 years. Mileage is less but car runs fine.

Mazda UK are totally ignorant of the “issue”; I’ve asked them. All they do is parrot whatever they get from Japan.

Meanwhile, there is a Megathread going on this subject. We have had multiple threads on the topic on this forum for many many years:

2 Likes