Who knows what this is?

So I found a load of these things in my old mans shed. He passed away 6 years ago so I can’t ask the old ■■■■■■ what they are. They don’t look good for your heath I know that so I won’t be snorting them. Shed has to come down and they appeared during the clean out.

The blanked word was close to ‘bigger’ if anyone wondered.

Think they are hand warmers, light the stick and it glows away inside the case.

I agree with Ian - hand warmers. I have one myself somewhere.

Ah cool. Asbestos based or modem?

It dates back to the 80’s so not modern.

Agree with IanH and Keith ~ Jayne, it looks like a hand warmer. I have used them myself when I use to work outside during winter.
I purchased mine from a gun shop (I don’t use guns) where they were sold to people who used them to keep their trigger finger warm whilst shooting during cold temps.

How things have changed.
My wife used petrol fired (!) hand warmers on shoots for years, made by Zippo the cigarette lighter people, but now has rechargeable electric ones, called HotRox.
The thing is once they’ve run out of electricity (about 4 hours apparently) they’re useless in the middle of a field-you can’t just fill them up with more electricity.
A bit like the way personal transport is going…

1 Like

So 1980s, could contain asbestos then. In the UK asbestos was still sold until 1999. It’s still sold in loads of countries. Asbestos would be the obvious material of choice for such an application.
I used to shoot with my old man, but mainly in warmer weather. He would shoot year round with my uncle. It’s hard trying to keep the winged rats of 6000 acres of land but he did his best :rofl:. And I now remember him talking about hand warmers but these didn’t look like hand warmers to me. Now I know they are :+1:.

Forums are very useful I have to say.