Wing mirror recommendations?

Hi, first time poster here. Got my NC PRHT a couple of months ago and couldn’t be happier with my choice. Last week though horror happened as I was in the the cash wash and one of the wing mirrors just snapped! So I thought I may as well use this opportunity to replace both mirrors with something a bit different.

After some research it appears most people opt for either the formula one style or the bullet style mirrors. Problem is the former would disable the electrical adjustable feature and the latter seems to restrict visibility rather significantly. My question then is, does anyone have any other recommendations apart from these 2 styles? Any input would be appreciated!

All of these retro mirrors are hopeless for visibility, only good for aesthetics. Which is why I fitted a set of Tex Evolutions to my NA. The drivers side is just about usable, the passenger side is hopeless. Tex intended these for Austin Minis (a variation of the mirror was made for Runabout in Japan as direct fit to Mk1 MX5, but for 4x the cost of the Mini versions), so I had to make adaptors shaped from a block of aluminium (cue angle grinders, files, various grinder wheels, blood (literally) sweat and tears). I can’t recall anyone making such a mirror “plug and play” for the NC, so you will probably have to end up drill extra holes into the door.

Left is Tex Evolution, right is Runabout

Tex, for decades, uses a mounting system for their mirrors, to attach to a door, rather than directly fitting.

10 years on, the mirrors are still in excellent condition (UK made), but the rubber gaskets are shredded

These looks great! I wish I have the skills you have but such an installation is definitely going to be above me.

Thank you for sharing though, it has been a good read. For myself may have to settle for the original for the lack of decent alternatives.

I literally have no metalworking skills, just a spare weekend.

The point is you won’t find an off the shelf alternative. At least not without spending a lot of money.

Eg. Craft Square mirrors from Japan

https://www.craftsquare.co.jp/tc_works_roadstar.html

Might look a bit odd on an NC PRHT but the classic Jass Performance bullet mirrors fit (the NA) perfectly and have a good visibility (driver AND passenger side) due to complete rotation possibilities. They have it in chrome and black at a fraction of the cost from those Japanese suppliers … .

Jass wanted to make copies of the adapters I made…