WINNING BLUE , ...... the story so far!

Well done that man! Great little write up Geoff :+1: those pics are very good, if you’ve never replaced the stat on a mk3 (like me), it gives a guide of what to expect. :crossed_fingers: I won’t need to use it but if I do, I’ll know in advance what to look out for.

Barrie

3 Likes

Glad to be of assistance and good to see the thermostat cured the problem

2 Likes

gave the headlights a buff up,

they weren’t too bad but needed it ! :nerd_face: :nerd_face:

got some DRL’s to fit next :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

the soft top had some mould marks on it when i bought it , :persevere:

after 6 or 7 washes with many different cleaning products and 'milton ’ , then wet vacc’d many times … its starting to look a bit better :+1:

there’s still some marks but i’m hoping they will eventually fade the more i vac it .

if any one has any great cleaning tips i havn’t tried , please shout up :white_check_mark: :nerd_face:

1 Like

I usd the Autoglym cleaning and waterproofing kit on mine to great effect.
Just be careful you don’t get over-enthusiastic with rinsing and overrun the rear drainage tubes :grimacing:

2 Likes

tried autoglym on it :white_check_mark:

Lovely looking car and looks like I’ve got some competition :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Great colour :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Looking brand new mate, well done… you want my address to do mine ? mates rates 'n all :joy:

1 Like

Cheers, it’s pretty good considering it’s 14 years old. Had several owners and appears all of them garaged it at the end of each day. Now on 107,000 and still sweet. I think my wife would kill me if I offered to clean someone else’s 5

as she’s convinced I love my 5 more than her :joy:

5 Likes

calliper day :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :neutral_face:

the rear brakes + pads were replaced in january by the previous owner , the fronts are ok but looking a bit rusty …so time to smarten them up.
( opinions vary :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

started with rub down with drill/wire wheel

degreased and treated with "curust "

back plates done in matt black , :white_check_mark:
edge of disc and centre in silver , :wink:
calliper in “obligatory” red :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

front

rear

4 Likes

Hope you’ve got some of those ‘bally3’ stickers left Geoff? Are those Bilstein shocks on there? :thinking:

Barrie

1 Like

:rofl: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: i may have !!!

yes , new ‘billies’ and lowering springs fitted 5 yrs ago by ‘rodders’… :racing_car: :racing_car: :racing_car: :racing_car: :racing_car:

1 Like

Red has to be done, same as i’ve had done on mine!

1 Like

just for you barrie :sunglasses: :rofl: :racing_car: :racing_car:

3 Likes

Looking good mate! :+1:

Barrie

1 Like

as this car is not a "sport " , it came with blanks instead of fog lights :persevere:

so i opted to fit DRL’s

bought from amazon @ £15 , i used the original bezels , cut out the centre with a hole saw and fixed the new DRL in from the rear with silicone . :face_with_monocle:

wired into a controller , they dim as side lights come on :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Nice job, well done.

1 Like

Thats a nice job Geoff, at a great price too! :+1:

Barrie

1 Like

Great job - its really frustrating having black blanks, just to show you what “you could have had”…

2 Likes