Wiper rubbers faulty on a car with 2100 miles and under 10 months old

I have a 2019 Mx 5, 2 k on the clock under 10 months old and the wipers are split.
Would I be able to claim them under warranty?
I realise they are a consumable part but I would expect them to last longer than 2100 miles.
Any thoughts on this one?

Worth a try. nothing to lose, go for it and let us know what the outcome is.
:heart:

As Malc says “Go for it”, but having read the warranty on mine (ND SE-L Nav & ND 30AE) I think all you’ll get from the dealer is :crazy_face:

I would change them for Bosch wiper blades, far better than the Mazda ones.

I have a new Honda Civic Sport Turbo, the Honda blades were poor from day one, changed them for Bosch Aerotwin, they are far superior. Well worth ÂŁ29. Large wipers on the Civic, so should cost less for the MX5.

When a new set of Bosch wipers is under £15 from ECP I’m not sure I’d want to spend the time hanging around the dealers, explaining what the problem is, then waiting while they talk to their manager and come back with “we will fit a set for half price” [half dealer price so still more than ECP] and then finally waiting some more whilst they fit them.

You’re right, they should last longer but the time spent trying to get them free might end up costing you more in time that you could have been doing something more interesting instead

2 Likes

Try cleaning them with screenwash first
I’ve only just changed mine on my rf after 3 years and they were not totally worn out
From experience Bosch blades are not better in my opinion

I agree with @stephenraw, fitted some Bosch wipers to my RF a few months ago (December maybe) as I held the same opionion as @1954 at the time.
I have since changed my mind as they are already streaking and are at the same state the original wipers were when I removed them already so wouldn’t recommend.

I bought new rubbers,only about ÂŁ17 !

I’m with Brilliantblackbirdy just buy your own replacements. They should last longer than stated but the hassle may not be worth it
Maybe a phone call to get their take on it but having read others dealing with Mazda or the dealerships I wouldn’t be hopeful of them replacing under warranty.

I would buy (or see if Mazda will cover under warranty) new replacement genuine Mazda rubbers for your original blades. In my opinion these are a great product, mean that the blades are still original, not copies, and only cost around ÂŁ12 plus VAT for the pair.

I fully agree with your comments and they are not expensive, but 2100 miles for a set of wipers?
Come on… if that was the case my daily driver would have had 15 sets of wipers in 2 years!
(It’s still on the originals at 30 k!)
As you said BBB the hassle isn’t worth it but…2100 miles a set! :smiley:
I promise, I will let it go soon just let me moan about it a little bit more.

I would guess that to fail at 2100 miles, they’ve been abused. Did you buy the car new? Give Mazda’s product another chance.

Mine have done 5000 miles in 6 months through very wet winter, and seem as good as new. We’ve only had couple of heavy frosts, I always gently free off the wipers before defrosting or starting up.
Accidentally starting the engine with frozen wipers turned on is the classic way to destroy the rubber edge - it can ruin brand new wipers overnight.

There has been no wiper abuse :slightly_smiling_face: honest !

Yeah, likely story :grinning:

After agree.I work in the motor trade dealing with warranties “including Bosch which in my opinion is not what it used to be” and if you get two back of a product that is mass produced and sold you after question why…your either really unlucky or abused maybe they have been used on a very icy day when stuck to screen…

1 Like

Mine i believe are the original wipers at 4 years old and 14k, still like new.

The originals or the MX-5 parts ones are good, they look original, nice and sleek looking.

The Bosch ones are good, but the connectors are enormous. Don’t look very good to me personally.