World Record Attempt Elvington June 2021

Updates winging there way to us all iminently :grinning::+1:

4 Likes

Still waiting… :innocent:

I tried to stay up but… :sleeping:

Firstly, I would like to stress that this is not a criticism; it’s just an observation.
Secondly, I appreciate that to organise an event like this is a massive undertaking and, I have nothing but admiration for those individuals are prepared to give up their free time to organise it, but…why Elvington?

I accept that Elvington is not far from the geographical centre of the United Kingdom, but when you are trying to get the the highest possible attendance, surely you would choose a venue nearer to the population centre, which appears to be 2 hours (115m) further south?

Wouldn’t a venue in the Midlands be more suitable?

1 Like

No not really, I live in Filey!!!
:heart:

2 Likes

So what venue is suitable in the Midlands that meets the required criteria?

The M5 or the M6 would do perhaps def enough room if about 4.00 am in the morning or earlier,have to loop round from junction to junction,def get national T .V coverage.
Simon

because there is simply nowhere else big enough, and accessible enough, affordable and available enough, Elvington is pretty unique with what it offers in terms of space.

3 Likes

Hi Martin
i hoped you realised my suggestion of the M6 was a sort of humourus suggestion…
simon

I did, the M25 would work better though, 1.00am on a Sunday morning… :wink:

4 Likes

@martin @Enjoyabull @PHILC1 @pjr @Limon @Andy_B1
When I was a MGF owner this is what we used to do, the event round the M25 still goes on but now under the banner of ‘Freinds Round London’

1 Like

I had assumed Elvington was down south! Don’t know why, but was thinking of an airfield I have done bike and car training on just off one of the m25 arteries,
but No! Just looked at a map and it is only 4 hours away. Count me in, just need to go and find the link and get registered.

Good to see that the MX5 gets a mention, but not the rest.

1 Like

Are there any other details yet? I sent the [pre-registration form but have not heard. I also noticed on the website that further updates would be posted on 31/05/2021. Have i missed something?

I know this year with uncertainty about easing of restrictions has made organising events very difficult, however there comes a time when decisions should be announced.

With just over two weeks before the date I have lost any hope of another record attempt on June 20th, hopefully another date will become available and we will get the record this time.

Disappointing but totally understandable. Will look out for future dates.

Yup, all is understandable, but not knowing whether to take time off work is now becoming inconvenient…

Are you saying the event is “Definitely Off”?

I am in the process of arranging accommodation.

Still no word as far as I know but it is off for me, there are some other good events on locally, we couldn’t hold off confirming any longer.

Would be nice to have an official announcement soon, as accommodation needs to be booked and time off work arranged.