Yet More Decorating

Been on the B&Q website now it’s back up and running. Just for a look see, it’s says I’ve joined the virtual queue, you are 76,000 + in the queue with a wait time of 48mins🤔
Don’t think I’ll bother :grin:
I only wanted some more roofing paint, it can wait.
Meanwhile whilst I’m having my cuppa, what to do?
Not seen my Mk3 sport for a couple of days, I’ll open the garage up give it some light, might even start it up.:thinking::grin:

2 Likes

Thats a bit like trying to get a supermarket home delivery or a click and collect where I live, pretty much impossible, so it’ll soon be the fortnightly trip to the supermarket, with 2 masks on, topped with an old motorcyclists bandana face mask with a fitted metal nose clip, who cares if I look like a wannabe highwayman, although most people tow the line, just need to stay clear of the thick ignorant Neanderthals who barge around ignoring the social distancing rules, and possibly spreading the plague in the process.
Sitting in the garden the other day ,fairly quite although I live in a town, the sun was shining, birds singing, its hard to believe that there’s so much death and misery going on in the world around us :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Went on there this evening, it said 15mins, then changed to 45 mins, then slowly came down to 20 mins, back up a few, then eventually down to zero and let me in.

After all that they didn’t have half the stuff I wanted…

1 Like

Well you now have the perfect excuse for not doing it :blush: , I think I’ll try that one, although clearing the loft out has now reared its ugly head, so I need a plan B.

2 Likes

Loft clearing, you say? I have the same issue! At the moment our household waste centres are closed, same for everyone I guess so I’m using that as an excuse :rofl::rofl: I’m dreading it though. We have 2 bedrooms in the roof, a conventional loft over them and eaves storage in each bedroom, full of stuff from our 35 years together but not much apart from the Christmas tree and some suitcases ever gets used. The kids have stuff here even though they’ve all moved out. Keyboards, guitars, practice amps, bigger amps, desktop and laptop computers, clothing and general accumulations of stuff we never use! Not looking forward to doing it :nerd_face::nerd_face:

Barrie

1 Like

Hi Barrie after this lockdown we will all have every DIY jobs done :white_check_mark: gardens entered in competitions lol , and our cars will be Best in show lol :laughing: :open_mouth: . Best of luck with clear out get stuff on marketplace after lockdown make some pennies :pray::+1: stay safe my friend :rainbow::wink:

1 Like

Hi Richie!!
Cheers mate, you stay safe
Barrie

1 Like

I’m paving slab relaying today, had the materials for a few weeks (sand/cement)
Early morning walk done, cooked breakfast devoured, crack on before that sun hits the patio at the rear.:wink:

2 Likes

Had to move car out of garage to get at something I needed. Decided to leave engine running for a while as I removed a few tar spots etc. Barney decided to join me! I think he thought we were out for a run in the 5 :rofl::rofl:
Barrie

6 Likes

Well that puts my car to shame, I think I need to get the vacuum out, suppose I’d rather do that than more decorating :blush:

Boz

2 Likes

Lovely looking interior you have there! Where did you get the matts from they look pretty custom made

1 Like

Going to polish something today… :auto_rickshaw:

2 Likes

Hiya, and thank you, the red over mats are part of the quilted floor carpets set. They are from carbonmiata but I bought them through topmiata, confusing isn’t it? :rofl: Moss do them too but not sure if they have all the colour choices available, they cover the transmission tunnel and inner sills as well, pretty much all the visible carpet apart from behind the seats.

They are excellent quality but not the cheapest thing TBH. I also got the quilted boot floor to matching black with red stitching.

Barrie

2 Likes

With all that mesh Barrie, how do you clean them? With a pressure washer?
PS: This is a serious question for once!

1 Like

TBH Roger, not cleaned them yet! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Barrie

1 Like

They look really good and dare I say practical too!

When one job leads to another…
Rebedding around 16 patio slabs I had a very invasive plant coming up between the wall and the slabs, if left it grows very tall. We’ve put up with it for a few years, the colours and smell (oranges) made it somewhat attractive, beware it’s difficult to eridicate so I’ve read. The name Houttuynia, if I had some again I’d just grow it in a pot.
Anyway slabs rebedded most roots removed of the plant, knackered knees and very warm.

And relax…

4 Likes

Brother-in-law’s old Boss had those type of mesh mats in his Dirtcovery. Last time I visited my sister we got the story of how every Monday morning the most junior lad at the works had to remove the filthy mats and pressure wash the mud and manure out, upside down first, then right way up, then hanging from the forklift tines by a couple of brazing rods (the mats not the lad).
Then he had to do the inside of the car…

It was a very entertaining two-beer story the way it was told, and alas I can’t remember hardly any of it.

2 Likes

I spent the morning fitting and refitting and once again refitting my new shower…(chasing down leaks)…PTFE tape eventually sorted it.
Whilst Son number two completely rewired my garage moving light switches and power points to more accessible positions.
It’s great having two electricians in my family.

2 Likes

Looks stunning Barrie :heart::+1:

1 Like