1.8 mk1 with hardtop

I got rid of my mk1 Eunos about 18 months ago and have been hankering after another ever since.

However, I wanted a UK 1.8 model as it was the first car I ever bought new in ‘95!

Being right down in the south west doesn’t help when looking for a car but this week a ‘93 UK car with hardtop appeared locally on Facebook so I just bought it blind, paid for it that evening and had it delivered the next day!!

It’s only got just over 80k on it and has virtually fsh and someone has obviously pampered it at some point as it’s had a load of money spent on it recently, new belts etc, the oil is brand new and everything in the engine bay is very tidy!

The paintwork is the worst part, it’s flat and matted but hopefully a good polish will sort that out and I’ll obviously need to source a drivers seat at some point but, I can live with it as it is at the moment.

The main issue is a weird starting issue which I’ve just posted about in the tech page but I’m hoping that it’s something simple and then we’re off.

Can’t wait to be back on the road!!

4 Likes

Very nice project, same colour combo as mine, the brake fluid looks fresh too

1 Like

Er, isn’t that a 1.6? :confused:

2 Likes

Correct :+1:

1 Like

And a SE, aka black n tan

Probably is - I haven’t even checked - it was so cheap and local I just bought it :laughing:

Well , although it does appear that I’ve bought a 1.6 not a 1.8, I’m still made up with it!

I need to sort a few little jobs but, one of the things that will bug me is the damage to the bolster on the drivers seat.

Both seats would benefit from attention but I’ve seen kits for leather rejuvenation and repairs but, I don’t know if they’re any good - anyone got any recommendations and experiences?

The fillers are much the same, Gliptone or Furniture Clinic. They will not provide a permanent, invisible repair. Furniture Clinic will colour match exactly, and produce a “dye” kit based off a swatch of leather.

See:
https://www.mx5nutz.com/threads/how-to-mk1-v-spec-leather-restoration.141870/

Cheers for the info!