15-20 at Mallory Park. Track Booking

Looks a good deal on that one if that price is right (£119.00) , a lot cheaper than MGOT @£140.00 might do the 27th instead and as you say its OPL so even better

Mikey

Thanks very much for all of your messages. You all seem like a great bunch so it’d be fantastic to go and see what the old California can do. I’m seriously considering it so I’ll hopefully see you all there! By the way, is the price only for club members or for all?

You will need your club membership number when booking, I have not heard anything re non members but Iam sure someone will be along to advise, see you there

Mikey

In this year of MX5 + Eunos Solidarity I would hope that price would be open to all

as it cost the same to the organisers if its half empty or full.

But the idea is to let people know that ther is more to a mx5 than

a) show + shine

B) gentle trips to the garden center in the sunshine

And As Im involved in both of the above as well I feelo I can say that

Mikey didnt even recognise my “other” car when he saw it.

Alan

HI Alan,

With you on this one. Mikey and all this is a great oppertunity to give your car the chance be driven as nature intended with out looking a tit and won’t break the bank either.

Though I am still a crap driver I really enjoy putting her on the track.  Every time you have a go you learn something and you need a trailer on the way home to fit the grin in… [:D]

All guys I have met on my brief outings have been good company, like minded and full of tips and hints.  Track driving improves skills no end allowing you to reach in relative safety the limits of you and your car.

In short BOOK IT - you will NOT regret it.  Plus Nick and Alistair run a great ship and what they don’t know about taking the MX out for a spin isn’t worth knowing.

However you could go to the garden centre for a new trowel and never know what you have missed…

Hope to meet you there, me and Tony booked for the AM shift. Have fixed the thermostat now so a repeat of Nurburgring there won’t be I hope!!

Phil…

Ok so I didnt realise it was yours, silly  me, Iam so used to seeing you in the "JAPMOBILE (aka "UMA") that I didnt expect to see you in the “other” one plus the fact I didnt even know you were going to be there which was my fault again as I dont read the forum enough (pauses to think of more excuses) + its red and Andy was there with his which is also red so at my age I get very confused, pause… no cant think of any more!! he he!! and reference to the gentle trips to the garden centre my 5 never goes anywhere gently. and just as a coincedence I went to Homebase to buy some potting compost last weekend (which is in theory a garden centre of sorts) came out to find a bloody dent in the front wing and no bar steward anywhere near it as I had parked it well out of the way, if I had your “other” car Alan it wouldn`t go anywhere near a car park garden centre or otherwise , I think mine must have some sort of homing device for idiots on it as thats now the 4th car park dent in a year

Mikey (BRG so I can find it in a car park full of red cars)lol

The event and track is open to all owners.

Update on children in cars on track.

No children will be allowed in track cars if they are under 14. This is a track rule. They also have to fit the standard seat and seat belt properly.

Thinking of putting mine in cool or hot car, but have booked for the morning and 3 sessions in the afternoon.

How does it work in terms of entering the competition and doing the track day - can they judge it as I go round [;)]

I would hope all Hot cars would be on track, else I would see that as an immediate 7 million point deduction.

Just a quick query Nick , should ther be the fully subscribed 60 cars booked for the morning opl how does it work as regards only 20 cars on track at the same time? are we called in if we have been out too long or are we told we can only stay out for a certain amount of time before we have to come in? in which case that will be just like having sessions. I have never done an opl before so am not really clued up on what goes on, obviously 60 cars on track at the same time would be interesting especially if theres a slow one at the front of the pack!!!

Mikey

Hi Mikey,

Open pit lane is quite a simple principal, there is a track limit, which at Mallory is 31, although we won’t be running 31 on track. Cars leave and return as suits them providing there is space on track. You will find that it sorts it’s self out quite quickly and allows more time as the track does not have to keep being cleared.

However if we find that the pit lane gets static for too long we will use the chequered flag to get people in.  

As I’m bringing the club merchandise along in a hired van and the 5 stays at home, can I run around the track in the van? [:D]

If your running, who is driving?

Dee of course (the other half to merchandise).

Hi Nick,

I want to book a “Hot Lap” for T.O.H. does he need a helmet of can these be hired/loaned on the day?

I’m sure we can find a helmet in exchange for a H4H Raffle Ticket

Thanks Nick,

Just going to book it now …

Booked it [:D]

Just booked sessions 2&4 in the afternoon, Looking forward to driving Mallory, See you all there!

Just to confirm that means of all makes?  Trying to persuade a mate to bring his Rover along…