15-20 at Mallory Park. Track Booking

Yep, that’s fine. We’re not xenophobic

blimey 42 booked so far for the morning session, might have to bring my panel bashing hammer,…anyone taken out insurance??? 

Erm? You are not all allowed on track at once, there is only 20 out at a time. The track limit is 31.

I know Nick, that was my feeble attempt at humour

Mike

Well I understood it! :smiley:

We still have quite a few slots let for afternoon sessions - these are only £25 per session, a few people have booked three or four sessions.

We will also be selling track time on the day, but it will be cheaper to get it in advance. :)

Trying to persuade myself to book up for the morning session. This would also be my first time on track (since doing a new starters experience in a cooper S at croft when i was 15). Not sure if i’d leave my new GV bumper on or put the standard one back on being the mx5’s anniversary and all… also i don’t have side skirts or anything to match the new one yet :smiley: unless i dug into my pockets a bit and got them beforehand to be different…

Hi Nick/Al/Whoever. Can you please confirm whether or not you have to be a member of the MX-5 OC (or other) to book a session - you’ve said it’s open to all MX-5 owners but have not specifically stated if you have to be in the OC or not. Also, if other cars are allowed on track too, how do you check if they’re MX-5 owners? I’m not currently in the OC and don’t want to risk booking a session if I’m going to be turned away on the day. And could you please confirm whether helmet hire is possible on the day and how much this would be. Thanks very much!

You do not need to be a member

They have 20 helmets to hire

Cut and pasted from the MOT web site

• Noise limit is 98dB
  • As this is an MX5 Owners Club event, there will be a small entrance fee (£8)which you will have to pay on the day to enter the event unless you have bought your tickets already. This is payable by all drivers in any car. You will however be able to enjoy everything in the event.
  • This is a Mazda Owners club subsidised event, and therefore MOTDC Member discount does not apply. 
  • You do not need a Mazda or an MX-5 to drive this event!
  • But according to the MOT sit the morning session is fully booked

Give the afternoon ones a try instead

Oh sod it Ive just booked

sessions 3+4 and 6+7

Should be fun

Alan

Hi derbymx5,

I see my secretary Mr Robinson has answered in my absence. [:)]

It is correct, you neither have to be an OC member, or have an MX-5 to go on track, we would recommend you have a car though, else you will have to run very fast.

The entrance fee is payable by all though, track tickets do not include this.

Is fuel available at the venue? If not where’s the nearest station?

The fuel station will be open.

Also the nearest garage I know of is here

http://tinyurl.com/n232ub

However I suspect someone with better local knowledge will say there is a nearer one in a different direction.

Thanks :} i was worried about running low on fuel during the morning session and not being able to get home lol.

Found this one…

Petrol in Church lane near mallory, 1.2 miles

Tis fixed—

Sorry for horrible link [8-)]

Fuel available at Foss Park retail park just as you come off M1 (JUNCTION 21) first roundabout go straight across and its on the right just as you enter Foss Park, dont know opening or closing times though, will check with my sister who lives just across the road. I will be going down friday night and will be stopping at my sisters so I will be filling up then, its probabley cheaper than Mallory prices as well

Mike

Just booked 3 + 6 myself couldn`t resist when I saw your post[:)]

Mike

when petrol was only 98P a litre[Y]

Both Cadwell and Oulton park petrol prices were 1.20p a Litre[N]

Take a small petrol can Just in case

for me its 2 x 20 litre jerry cans…that should last me.

See you there Mikey

Alan

P.s Nick if im your secretary do I need to wear a short skirt and revealing blouse?

[+o(][+o(][+o(]

Dont forget the long blonde wig Alan otherwise we will know its you. What time are you arriving or are you camping!!! metaphorically speaking of course.[;)] Im at  my sisters just down the road so providing she gets me out of bed Ill be there about 7:30-8:00, do you know what the situation with pit garages is, first come first served I suppose unless someone knows different?? or are we all in the open in the paddock? really looking forward to this one as I`ve talked the mrs into coming so thats a first!! and my sister,brother-in-law , nephews etc etc.

Mikey 

You told me you did after 6pm to show off your Jerry Cans!

Hi i am doing the open pit lane in the morning and i havent brought my entry ticket yet, it says on the letter that you can buy it at the door, but will they be there at 7.30 in the morning does anybody know?

Thanks Kev B