15-20 at Mallory Park. Track Booking

I’m afraid I can’t answer that question. Maybe someone from the OC side can?

If there is no body on the gate maybe they will “catch” you later?

Just booked on the 2:50 session with an instructor, have owned my little mazda just 3 weeks and never been round a track - am so excited!

Does anyone know whether you can book in at lunchtime as I can see the paddock is opened over lunch but booking in closes at 11am?

Hi Gina,

You latest sign on for that session will be 13:45.

I believe their are 2 additional briefing sessions for the afternoon.

But I cant find were I read it…

You will have fun…just take your time and drive at your own speed.

Alan

It’s on your ticket! [*-)]

DOH !!!

Guess that means im sacked then?

Alan

Haven’t got a ticket, fingers crossed will be here in time!  I think I read you can hire helmets on the day, is that correct?

I’ve just got an email from MX-5parts that says that entrance tickets can be booked in advance for £6. Is this correct and if so where can they be purchased from?

Now look at at that, all day the forum has not allowed new posts!

Yes, that is correct, you will be able to hire helmets on the day.

However, if you do have one, have a friend or releative that has one, please borrow it and bring it as we only have 24.

Also to answer the next question. You had to send off for entrance tickets, I don’t think you can by them via the web. I could be wrong though.

The club online store has a ticket section - just the job thinks I - but tickets for Mallory are not available for purchase [:@]

This is the text of the ticket section:-

"When the club has events which require tickets, they will be available in this section.

Some tickets will carry a cost, whilst others may actually be free of charge; it all depends on the nature of the event.

Please check here when directed to do so by the club’s officers or Soft-Top/Hard-Top magazine."

Welcome to the 21st century.

</div>

I’ve booked an afternoon slot and my girlfriend wants to know if she can come out on the track as my passenger.  I can’t find anything that says she can’t?

If helmets become scarse in the afternoon then mine can be borrowed for a pint as booked for the morning session only. Just drop me a line if you need to and can give mobile number by PM.

Cheers,

Phil…

Passengers will be £5 and she can have as many rides as she wants![:O]

Ah that’s okay then I thought someone had mentioned something about different coloured stickers you get if you had booked on a track session, was intending to by entrance tickets on the gate.  Have got helment sorted too as boyfriend had one [:)]

I don’t have a handbook for my mx5 and was wondering what the tyre pressure is as I know you have to put a bit extra in for the track and was going to do that, can someone tell me please? 

Thanks.

You will get a windscreen sticker when you sign on which will allow you Paddock access.

People tend to inflate tyres more to sharpen up response and because manufactures recommend higher pressures for high speed driving. (Side walls flex less reducing friction and prevent tyres over heating) , but spirited driving will heat the tyres more and naturally increase pressures. Firstly check you have even tyre pressures then I would recommend 28ps is a good catch all pressure

Great thanks.

Had a great time meeting some new faces and some old ones.

was glad the car was performing ok

Mikey…I could catch Ya even if I couldnt pass you session 6 became a bit of a Humdinger

Good natured competion and evenly matched…that New suspension has made all the diference to your car Mate.

And Ken  it was a surprise to see you at the same Hotel

Think this was the first time in 4 events Ive been anyware near keeping your pace.

Yoyr a quick and competent driver who shows that Mk3’s DO have a place on the track.

See you Both at The next one (oulton park?)

Alan

Careful, Alan, I blush easily. [:$]