15/20 Camping

As i have to pay for two nights it seems wise to stay fri and sat night. Wont be able to leave colchester until 4pm though.

Thanks for sorting this out Goof [:D]

I really wanted to come to this one, but, the footy fixtures have now been released and the Saturday now is the biggest day of the season for Birmingham City…

at home to Aston Villa [H]

Hopefully the match will be moved to the Sunday for either tv or police recommendations, and I will be able to do the camping at the rally, and drive back straight to Birmingham for the footy on the Sunday on my way home to Manchester [;)]

Hello there,

will you please give the telephone no. of Upton Barn camping - thanks John K

Did you try Bosworth Water Trust?

I haven’t negotiated any discount with Upton Barn.

http://www.uptonbarn.co.uk/

Telephone: ( +44) 01455 212374<o:p></o:p>

Fax:            ( +44) 01455 212328

E. Mail: info@uptonbarn.co.uk

Im in for the Friday and Saturday nigths now, thanks to Sky TV

SEPTEMBER Sunday 13
Birmingham City v Aston Villa 12.00pm

Will go straight to the footy on my way home [:D]

Interesting…ok to camp with you guys even if i’ve just joined?

Perfect reason! - it’s a good test of your packing skills too! [;)]

Read on ‘you know you own an mx5 when’ that ‘Your idea of packing for a weekend trip is clean underwear and a
toothbrush’

assumed this was the norm? :-p

Underwear? there’s a novel idea…[;)]

I’ll be there Fri and Sat night. Anyone interested in a big bbq sat night?

Unfortunately, I can’t do two nights - children problems - and they don’t fit in the boot with the tent, toothbrush and undies!! 

Is anyone staying at Upton Farm?  It’s only £12 pn and has all the facilities.  The good pub nearby sounds great to me too!  Just so that you all know, I have already emailed Mallory Park to ask if they have any tent camping on site and they suggested I contact the OC for information - any other ideas??

I’m an OC virgin so any support will be gratefully received.  My boyfriend and I are really looking forward to 15/20 - if anyone is travelling up from the South, perhaps we could convoy?

How far is the campsite from the Gala Dinner? Is it walkable (for someone who doesn’t do walking much)?

About a mile, and all downhill! - just mind the canal…!!!

It’s a straight walk through the village, about 100 yards or so from the last house.

Is that downhill on the way there or on the way back?

On the way back! - quite important!!! [B][+o(]

Hi Goof - is your real name Gibbs? (I was given that name from the Bosworth Water Trust)

What time are you expecting to arrive at the campsite?

The Eastern Region lot should be arriving around 8pm

How was the camping at Bosworth Water Trust?

I couldn’t camp due to other commitments on Friday and Saturday evenings… but I hope it all went well!

Any comments or complaints? - I’ll pass them on to the camp site if needs be ~ both good & bad.

Well, it could have been a bit nearer the hotel, as I was doing taxi rides in a track car with one odd wheel, at about 2.00am in the morning, for those people who refused to pay for a proper taxi and couldn’t be bothered to walk…!!!  you know who you are…   lol

And apologies for anyone I woke up on the campsite, but having been made to drop off someone right at their tent door I then turned around and had a helluva job to find my way off the site again, nearly took out a few tents on the way.!  The next “customer” I made walk from the gate, I wonder if he made it, not heard from him since…!

<o:p> </o:p>Good work goof, it looked OK in the dark.!    [Y]

It was quite expensive, and they didn’t want to agree to the £15 without a haggle.

The site itself was flat, the showers were ok - though nothing special. 

Another group of campers were partying louldly until to 2am on the Friday and it was bloody cold overnight :slight_smile: