17" NC1 vs 17" NC3 stock wheels

Does anyone know what the differences are, other than appearance, between these wheels, please? Do they have the same offset? What’s the weight difference?

These are the specs I have for the NC1 17" wheel:

Wheel Diameter Width Tyre size Tyre spec Offset Centre bore Weight Bolt pattern
NC1 10 spoke 17" 7" 205/45x17 84W 55mm 67.1 mm 7.7kg 5x114.3

Just to clarify what I’m looking for:

Not really an answer, but if you are looking to chose between the two, then get later ones. I have heard stories of earlier wheels break the centres when on track

Someone has just weighed one from an NC3.5 for me. I don’t know how accurate his scales are, but he measured it at a disappointing 9kg.

Perhaps they are heavier because they’ve been strengthened to avoid breaking the centres? This is the first I’ve heard of this. If it’s uncommon, I think I’ll be inclined to take my chances, given the significant weight difference.

Meant to say that they will mostly be used on track. I already have two sets of NC1 wheels; one set with road tyres, and another set with A052 semi-slicks. I need a third set because of the way I’m trying to make the most of a growing pile of A052s that don’t have enough tread left to use on the road.

1 Like

They will be the same for both wheels.
I would also be surprised if the weight you have is correct at 7.7Kg

I’ll remove a tyre in the morning and weigh one myself. I can’t recall where I got the 7.7kg weight from.

I’ve just weighed an NC1 17x7 10 spoke wheel, with tyre, valve and balancing weights removed. I used two sets of scales, neither of which are anything special, but one said 7.7kg, and the other said 7.8kg. I think 7.7kg is correct.

1 Like