1995 MX5 California Convertible Limited Edition number 258/300

1. The car I’m offering for sale is an [Model/Year]
  2. The car is located near [Location]
  3. The price is [£…]
  4. General information and history…
  5. Photo’s of the car [use photo upload option]

I have for sale a 1995 MX5 California Limited Edition Convertible number 258/300. The Registered DVLA number M981AMA. The car is located in Great Eccleston near Preston. PR3 0ZA

The ‘Yellow Peril’ has always been garaged and is rust free. It is in totally original condition except for the hood and rear windscreen. The current mileage is 82560.

Engine size 1840cc with 5 speed gearbox. The original vinyl hood and rear windscreen have been replaced by a mohair hood with a glass HRW. The original Tonneau Cover is still in new condition.

I have owned the car since November 1999 and it has been serviced and maintained by the local Mazda Dealership. All maintenance and servicing documentation is available. It was first registered on 30th June 1995.

The reason for sale is that my partner has a spinal problem and finds getting in and out of the car painful and consequently limits our use of the car to a couple of hundred miles a year. She prefers to use our new Mazda CX3.

The California now needs a new family to look after and enjoy it. Attached, photo of car at Dunsop Bridge in the Trough of Bowland.

Price: £3250.00

01995-672055
07827-017823

Hiya, nice looking car :+1: just a point on your advert though?

“It was first registered on 30th June 1995 so is no longer liable for VED.“

My understanding is vehicles over 40 years old are exempt from VED, not 25 years old? I hope you’re not using the vehicle on the road without VED in place :anguished:

Barrie

It’s taxed up until 1 September, MOT due 12 August, perhaps the seller would like to correct the comment on VED please. Nice car…

Nice project for you Barrie :red_car::red_car::red_car:

Apologies for not checking current DVLA regulations on VED exemption, somewhere in the back of my mind after decades the 25 year figure was still embedded. I have always kept the car legal although it rarely ventures out on the roads these days. That’s the main reason I decided to sell the car as I’m sure there is someone in the MX5 OC who could give it a new home and enjoy using it. The asking price was a bit of a ‘shot in the dark’ and based on what the Mazda dealership offered against buying a new MX5. I’m open to offers from anyone who has more idea of current car values.

Hi,
Does this model come with power steering?
Would you be willing to put 12 months MOT on it to any possible purchaser.

Good Afternoon Gongoozler,

Many thanks for your enquiry. The car was sold about an hour ago. For info, this model does have power steering.

Stay safe and best wishes,

Mike

Great news.
Thanks for the message.