1997 Mk1 1.8i unmolested example

1. The car I’m offering for sale is an MX5 1.8i 1997
  2. The car is located near Wolverhampton
  3. The price is £1500 I have been offered £1000 PX against a used car.
  4. General information and history…

I have owned this car since 2008. My hips and knees just can’t cope with hauling myself in and out of it. I also need more space for fishing tackle and the luxury of aircon.

The good bits. Completely unmolested except for a steering wheel glove. Still on the OEM alloys in ‘good condition’ according to a tyre fitter. They are shod with Vredstein Sportracs fitted in 2020 and only done a couple of thousand miles.

Mileage is just under 127000. 22000 of those in my ownership.

Cambelt replaced in 2020. Water pump was replace in 2009 at 106000 (and cambelt then).

Stainless exhaust system.

New Westco battery fitted 2021.

New Mazda clutch master and slave cylinder fitted last year.

New Lucas starter fitted today!

Always fed with Mobil 1 full synthetic and ‘super’ unleaded.

The bad bits.

Sills welded after MoT failures (2021 and 2016). My old school body basher does not use prefabricated sills.

Vinyl roof was fitted back in 2010 if I remember correctly. It has a small split which I repaired but does not leak. It is a bit ‘tight’ though.

The front wings are a bit crusty down by the buper. The RH side has been repaired with mesh and filler (see photo).

The bonnet hinges are worn and the bonnet rattles.

The drivers seat is very worn.

It need a new rear exhaust box heat shield which rusted through. I have a fancy alloy one ready and will try to fit it.

The radio/CD seems to have gone sporadic on/off - I will check the fuse.

1. Photo’s of the car see shots just taken

Please use the Personal Message [PM] system to contact me, click on the avatar (round image) and select ‘message’.

Well I stuck it on Ebay with a £1000 reserve and it has met it with 5 days to go. So ‘prima facie’ no need to PX and a bit of a better deal on the Mini Cooper.

Fixed the radio (bad earth). Not got the strength or inclination to grovel under a car to fit the heat shield.

Still time to grab a bargain. Might make a good restoration project.

Had to insure the new car on a new policy (MX5 on classic only one) so I could just keep it for another couple of months of summer fun.

I can’t drive it like I used to though [1], so time for a pipe and slippers Mini Cooper.

[1] MX5OC member organised unofficial session at Curborough Sprint course. Otherwise “never raced or rallied”. Not supposed to be timed, but with passenger with a smart phone who mistakenly started the clock function I was pleased to get round the official course in about the smae time as I used to be able to manage on a SO 350 Morini motorcycle: This was a while ago on the Pilot Exaltas, the Vredsteins have not been subjected to such treatment.
On Board Video

Sold.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.