1997 Mx-5 Eunos with Veilside Body Kit

Hi All,

I’m New to the forums and new Mx5 owner. I wanted to get some opinions from some NA Mx-5 owners

I recently purchased a 1997 Mx-5 Eunos, with a Veilside body kit, not sure of it myself I feel like it’s leaning towards rice, but do you guys think remove or keep?

Sorry for the poor quality image it’s a screenshot of a screenshot. Car due to arrive tomorrow

At the very least I’d get rid of the orange block from the front :grin:

I’d say if you like the look of it keep it, but if you don’t then sell it and spend the money on anything else the car requires.

Certainly I’d wait till you’ve got the car and then decide since it may grow on you when not viewed as a photo.

My only real worry about such a body kit is wondering what could be lurking under the side trim, but that’s because other cars I’ve owned have had the side trim hiding horrors so I’m just wary.

I’ve never actually seen that body kit before so it was interesting to see at any rate, and I discovered it confuses googles image search which thinks it’s an RX-7 :slight_smile:

Hi Skadgeer,

Thanks for the response and advice, yes definitely need to remove the orange block🤣.

I have had the chance to view it lucky it has been under coated previous and couldn’t see much rust but I’ll definitely examine it more thoroughly.

Yeah, I’ve been looking at Mx-5s for some time and never seen it before too, so I wasn’t sure if it was a ricer job from early 2000s or if it was worth keeping.

Hi Afro
I actually think it looks quite amazing,it makes the car have similar look to Mrk 4,sort of brings it up to date,the lines at the front look great and flow into the body well.
Simon