1999mx5 lagging

I am find that when start driving the first few miles the engine seems to lag a bit and perform very eratically. After about 3 miles it seems to run fine.I have changed all the plugs but it is still happening any idea what I can look at?

what do you mean by lagging? is it coughing and spluttering or just not picking up as you would expect?

Does it start easily??

Yes it does I can’t always reply as I have no internet at home so you have to bare with me. Thanks for reply anyway

When I purchase a new car, I tend to asset the service history and components and then devise a maintenance plan for the following year or two. This usually means spending more than I should in the first year of ownership.
You mentioned that the spark plugs have been changed, might be worth changing the HT leads too as this might be a quick win. My last couple of MX-5’s had slight misfiring problems that were resolved with these easy replacements.

No I haven’t so I may have to.but I think it might be a petrol problem eg,choke?as it only happen for the first 2-4miles.

• List item

It is not picking up as you would expect it seems as if the fuel is not getting through properly for the first few miles.I haven’t changed the ht leads as after 2-4 miles. It seems to be ok.

Master Air Flow sensor…

Thanks for that I watched the video it was good much appreciated,I am not used to use in the site as I have no internet at home but I will practise anyway thanks again.