1st 2nd Gear change MK3

Hi, yep, clutch pedal adjustment was the first thing i did when i got the car - how the previous owner lived with it is beyond me!

2 Likes

Same here!

While we’re on this subject. I don’t find my sports tech 6 speed too bad on 1st to 2nd even when cold, but I do have issues with the bite point of the clutch being so low compounded by a slightly dodgy left ankle. So if I have the seat at a comfortable distance from the steering wheel and accelerator it makes a clean clutch depression harder work than I’d like.
So I got a cutting of stiff foam packaging, about 2cm thick shaped it so it has a hollow that fits over the existing pad which I attached with a couple of cable ties. This has given me about 1cm of extra thickness and a much easier clutch response in my preferred seat position. The question is, is there anything out there that would do a similar job in a more permanent way. All the replacement pedals I’ve seen seem to be mainly aesthetic changes.

I should add I had already made the prescribed adjustments to raise the bite point away from the carpet but still find it uncomfortable.

RacingBeat do a clutch pedal extension block.

Grand. I’ll have a look into it. :+1:t2: