2004 1.6 mk2.5 Egr valve issue

Hi, new to the club/forum so apologies for going over a problem that has undoubtedly been posted a few times. Had the orange engine light appear when out driving so had my local garage check it out and code was present for a faulty Egr valve, seem to be like gold-dust to source a new part but managed to get hold of a new valve from a dealer in Poland! should be arriving any day, pretty sure its not a genuine mazda part but thought I would try it as not alot of options at present. The car still seems to run fine so I am guessing the Ecu has not been blown as I have read in some other posts that the faulty valve sends 12v surge to the Ecu, should the new part not cure the problem can the valve be completely removed and the car run without it? i have seen a blanking kit for this purpose, but wonder what effect this has on the emissions and general running and obviously the management light would still be an issue? Thanks in advance for any advice.

It’ll be failed in its closed position so there’s no real advantage to blanking it off. As you say, it’s the MIL that’s the problem if it’s disconnected. Unfortunately, how the engine is running is not a gauge on whether the PCM has been damaged, you really won’t know that until you’ve fitted the new valve.

My EGR had gone my car drove fine. Tried the new EGR etc, but EML remained on. Eventually replaced ECU and a lot of help from Robbie_Roadster I have solved the problem. I have inline fused the power cables going to the EGR now. Hopefully prevents the issue. Get the new one fitted and see how it goes let us know.

Thanks very much for the advice, new valve arrived today so will get it fitted ASAP and keep fingers crossed, if no better may well be back for more ideas!

New valve arrived today so will hopefully know very soon if the problem persists, appreciate the feedback, will keep you posted.