2005 MK2.5 Icon central locking motor

Recently took car to auto electrician who diagnosed problem to the drivers door central locking motor, the guy said it would need a 6 wired central locking motor can only find 5 wired motors, have scowered the internet for ages & cannot find anythig, do they even exist & are they unique to the 2005 MK2.5.

Would fitting an aftermarket central locking system be a more viable solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

These parts are all the same on the MK2.5 car.

Here is what you need.

They don’t go wrong very often. It is usually the microswitch that fails on these.

Thank you very much had seen these but was not sure they were the correct part as the auto electrician didn’t give a very good description of what was needed.
Once again thanks for the quick response & helpfulness.

My pleasure Kev

Make sure you need this before ordering. As I say these rarely go wrong.

The red cable on the drivers door has a microswitch that actuates the central locking. This can get water ingress/corrosion and stop working. Far easier to replace the cable than the whole mech. Easy to test with a multimeter - just check for continuity when rotating the switch insert.

PM me or post again if you need anything else.

Thanks for answering, ordered the part you sent the link to & had it fitted turned out to be the micro switch after all but the auto electrician said the part was for the passenger door & not the drivers side(maybe vendor got description wrong no worries though), in the end he swapped the broken switch for the one off the part i had just got, just glad the central locking is working now.
Many thanks.