2008 Niseko horror

I have always liked a Niseko, the blue colour, and have been keeping a eye out for one. Saw one on an auction site SE08 JXU, ran an MOT history, just needs a a few things fixed !

• Nearside Rear Sub-frame attachment bracket/mounting likely to fail (5.3.3 (b) (ii))
  • Offside Rear Sub-frame attachment bracket/mounting likely to fail (5.3.3 (b) (ii))

Repair immediately (major defects):

• Nearside Headlamp levelling device inoperative (4.1.5 (a))
  • Offside Vehicle structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced chassis leg (6.1.1 (c) (i))
  • Exhaust Lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits (8.2.1.2 (c))
  • Exhaust carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle exceeds manufacturer's specified limits (8.2.1.2 (a))
  • Exhaust hydrocarbon content after 2nd fast idle exceeds manufacturer's specified limits (8.2.1.2 (a))
  • Exhaust carbon monoxide content at idle exceeds manufacturer's specified limits (8.2.1.2 (b))
  • Exhaust emits excessive dense blue smoke during acceleration (8.2.1.2 (g))
  • Offside Front Coil spring fractured or broken (5.3.1 (b) (i))
  • Engine MIL inoperative or indicates a malfunction (8.2.1.2 (h))

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):

• Offside windscreen washer nozzle missing still provides adequate water to windscreen
  • Front Sub-frame corroded but not seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
  • Rear Sub-frame corroded but not seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
  • Rear Subframe mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive all mounting areas (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Rear Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases (6.1.2 (a))
  • Rear exhaust system corroded
  • general under body corrosion
What are defects and advisories?

Defects are the reasons for MOT failure.

Advisories are just comments on work that should be carried out ideally or general state of car but not reasons for MOT failure. 

I think the question “What are defects and advisories?” is just copied from the DVLA site along with the MOT info and not a question being asked on the post…unless Im wrong !

But back to the post that is probably the worst NC MOT I have seen, 109,000 miles so its been used and probably been out in all weathers, what was the price if you dont mind me asking ? 

Yes, you are right - just checked the MOT history. The DVLA answer it better than I did…

Dangerous defects are a direct and immediate risk to the road safety or the environment. A vehicle with a dangerous defect will fail the test.

Major defects may compromise the safety of the vehicle, put other road users at risk, or harm the environment. A vehicle with a major defect will fail the test.

Advisories are given for guidance. Some of these may need to be monitored in case they become more serious and need immediate repairs.’

No failure/advisory on corrosion or emissions until 109+k miles and then everything fell off at once  

Worth at best £1,000.

https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/47187159

That poor car.

Engine’s broken, chasis is broken and sub frames are broken. It’s a real shame because the pictures make it look nice apart from the rusty boot. I can’t really see the bidding going much higher than it is now. Having said that if i had seen this about a month ago I would have happily paid a little more as it has all the air conditioning stuff I was looking for and probably could make my money back in selling the other parts.

Wheels £150

Doors £100

Exhaust system £50

bonnet £60

Boot £50

Bumpers £80 for the pair

Seats £150

Various bits of trim £100

All the other parts easy  £150 (lights, instruments, vents, steering wheel, alternator, radiator, battery, brake parts, switch gear, hood

Nice little profit on that

IF the wheels were good, but after 109K on that car they’ll be well dinged!

A couple of years ago the ‘unique’ Niseko special edition wheels listed at £350 apiece from Mazda.  I was lucky to pay somewhat bit less for one, and then missed out on a set of four going really cheap!

They’re not that bad. Obviously not brand new but I have seen far worse.

There is a red G reg mk1 Eunos coming up for sale tomorrow at Bristol. It has unrecorded front wing and rear wheel arch damage and is tatty. (Use the link in post #6)

Current bid is £325 

Richard