2010 Mazda MX5 2.0 Sport Tech, 65000 miles, £6500

1. The car I’m offering for sale is an 2010 Sport Tech 2.0
  2. The car is located near Stamford, Lincolnshire
  3. The price is [£6500]

FIrst thing - I really don’t want to sell it, but I have to. My partner is a gardener and has been using our lease car (Skoda Kodiaq) as her work car. Unfortunately, gardening is fairly dirty work and with all her tools and such, the car is getting beaten up a bit, so we are both worried about the state it will be in when we return it. As such, i’m now having that car as my daily and she is buying another big SUV for work and the kids. With my Rocketeer project on the go, I don’t have the need/money or space for this as well.

I purchased this car in October 2020 as my daily/a project, which I was going to turn in to a BBR Turbo’d car. Before you think i’m some sort of teenage boy racer, i’m not! I’m almost 39 :smiley: This is my 5th MX5 and ever since I purchased my first one back in 2003, I had always promised myself that I would turbo or supercharge an MX5.

I got as far as ordering the stage 1 kit from BBR, but then decided that actually my dream would be to do the Rocketeer conversion on a MK1. The rest is history! If you are interested, I have a build thread on here, chronicalling my build.

When I was on the hun t for my NC, I was specifically after a 2.0 Sport Tech with low miles and good mechancal condition. I purchased it from Kiteley Motors in Stansted after a fairly long hunt for a suitable car. As part of the purchase price, they serviced it and fitted it with 4 new tyres. Unfortunately, they did the latter before I had a chance to request, higher quality ones, so they aren’t anything special, but as I have only done 3500 miles since I purcahsed it, they are in very good condition.

The week after I bought the car, as always - I took it to be aligned at WIM. I also decided to get Meister’s fitted as I wanted to - for the first time - get one of my MX5’s on track and get a bit more involved with the club. However, with lockdown, my health and the Rocketeer to busy myself with, that never happened.

So as well as standard Sport Tech spec, it also has headted seats and cruise control which I wanted because of my fairly long commute once a week to the office - they really do make a big difference to being able to use it for all sorts of journeys.

I changed the gearbox oil last month as the gearchange was getting a bit notchy and in May I also repalced the front and rear badges (for genuine Mazda ones) as the old ones were looking a bit tired.

In terms of the overall condition, it is good - there are a few minor scratches here and there and a larger one on the edge of the door mirror, but there are no dents as far as I can see and stone chips are at a minimum. The Sorm Blue Mica paint really looks amazing when I use the Bilt Hamber Clay on it.

The interior is good aside from a couple of areas of wear on the drivers bolster - not tears or holes, it is just a bit worn; i’ll get some pictures taken of that and add it to the listing.

The rear wheels are in very good condition, unfortunately the fron ones are fairly well kerbed. It didn’t bother me when I bought the car because I was going to replace them, but if I was going to keep it i’d definitely get them refurbished or replaced.

The car had a handful of servies from Mazda dealers prior to my purchase of the car which were provided to me electronically, and the MOT runs out in October.

Please feel free to contact me for more details, to arrange a viewing and to get more pictures.

Please use the Personal Message (PM) system to contact me.

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

1 Like