2013 Fog Light Switch

1. My model of MX-5 is: __MKL3.5
  2. I’m based near: __Carlisle
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __Rear Fog Light Switch
    I imported the car from Japan, took delivery last Friday. The rear fogs not fitted in Japan. The UK column switch is not compatible. There is a blanking plug on the left hand side of the steering column, that has a wiring plug fitted. This is live when headlights on. I now require a luminated switch to fit. Help.

Not answering your question directly, but I’d just wire a rear fog lamp to come on with the fronts. Do you only need it to operate for MOT?

Edit: Assuming that you have front fogs fitted…

Convert one of the reverse lights to a fog (drivers side). You can pick up an appropriate lamp switched live and fuse it, take it to the illuminated switch then to the new fog. Fit an appropriate wattage red lamp and cut and join your new switched live to what was the old positive feed to the reverse lamp. It works great and looks much better than bolt on jobs. You’ll need to pick up a negative for the illuminated swith but I usually use one of the bolts on the dash bar or there are normally earthing points you can just remove the bolt and add them to nearby.

Thanks, it sounds good. Will get a lamp for o/s/r and a universal switch.

No front fogs fitted. Yes require MOT. But looking at a long term fixture. Thanks.