2019 ND 1.5 SE+ advice please

1. My model of MX-5 is: TBV but ex NB & 2018 ND
  2. I’m based near: York
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: the base audio set up in the SE+ model:

Hi folks I used to have a Sport Nav 2016 model and want to return to the MX5 fold however this time with a limited budget. My main concern is daily running costs therefore I am looking at the 1.5 model and would like the refresh from what I last had therefore a 2019 model for the rake and reach and seat adjustment mainly. However don’t think I can stretch to another Sport Nav or SEL Nav? Therefore I want to know if I can Bluetooth my iPhone to the base audio or will it connect with a usb like it did in the Nav model. I can live without a screen in the car as long as I can utilise my phone’s music and nav!
Your knowledge and observations are appreciated.

The online manual says you can either connect by USB or AUX headphone cable:

Audio can be heard from the vehicle’s speakers by connecting a commercially-available portable audio unit to the auxiliary jack.

A commercially-available, non-impedance (3.5) stereo mini plug lead is required. Contact an expert repairer, we recommend an Authorised Mazda Repairer for details.

In addition, audio can be played from the vehicle audio device by connecting a USB device to the USB port.

Online manual
https://owners-manual.mazda.com/gen/en/mx-5/mx-5_8fl9ee16j/contents/06020305.html

1 Like

Hi and thank you and much appreciated the link.