2020 100th Anniversary Edition BBR Super 220

My car is 18 months old, starting this thread is well overdue. The car was one of less than a 100 in the uk and 700 world wide, available with a high level of spec and a unique colour combination.

The dealer fitted the OEM Mazdaspeed kit from new and it was shipped straight to BBR in brackley for a fast road setup identical to their demo car. The upgrades included the super 220 package, mid pipe and the gt back box, running is 222bhp and 173 lb/ft. The figures aren’t amazing in this day and age, but in a car weighing just over a metric ton and revving to just short of 8000 rpm, it is incredibly rewarding to drive.

Full spec includes:

• BBR GTI Super 220 upgrade
  • BBR 2019 spec bespoke high-performance camshafts, valve springs and retainers
  • BBR 4 into 1 high flow, tuned length stainless steel exhaust manifold
  • BBR Cold Air Intake System
  • BBR K&N high flow air filter
  • BBR Custom StarChip ECU remap
  • BBR Centre section
  • Wilwood Front 6 Piston Caliper upgrade (rears painted to match)
  • BBR performance springs lowering springs
  • Eibach front/rear anti roll bars
  • Full OEM Mazda speed body kit (front, rear splitter, side skirts and spoiler)
  • Custom Guardian design Corsa 330 wheel
  • Lathworks Titanium Sphere gear knob
  • Tinted rear screen
  • Full led lights conversion, including MX5 things sequential rear indicators and red led strip
  • Full 5 year ceramic protection
8 Likes

She’s a beauty, that’s for sure :+1:

1 Like

That is top notch. How’s the reliability been? Did you not fancy driving it factory standard for a bit to be able to notice the extra from the 220 kit?

1 Like

Thanks, looks like we have similar mods, great minds and all that :smiley:

Touch wood, no issues but I it has done less than 2000 miles.

I previously owned a sport nav+ for 18 months, so already aware of how a standard car drives.

1 Like