2020 MiM

I have heard from Marcel from MX5nl.  The 2020 MiM (May 21st to 24th 2020) will be based in Arnhem, not at Assen as planed.  The reason was that Marcel could not get good rates at the Hotel in Assen.

The hotel is the  www.hotelduiven-arnhem.nl  part of the Van der Valk group.

The MX5nl web site will be up and running soon with the booking forms and all you need to know on there.

Arnhem is fairly easy to get to just 86 miles from the Hook of Holland with a running time of  1hr 40 minutes.

I will post a link on here or you can PM me to go on the contact list.

Hi Mel

Thanks for the info on next years international rally. Are you on the Norway rally this year.

All the best

Bob and Jane

No not going to Norway, Would have loved to go but the cancer got in the way. Hope to have radiotherapy soon. Birmingham eye hospital today to see the consultant who did the eye removal hopefully he will have news of where and when the treatment will be.

Here is the link to the registration page for the 2020 MiM

https://www.mx-5owners.nl/mim_2020/international/?cid=186 

The date is May 21st to 24th.

If you are coming please let me know so I can try to get discounted travel from Stenna line.

10 cars going at the moment, let make it 30+

I see that on the MiM_2020 registration page you can choose if you wish to be met by a MX5NL member and, if so, where.
One option is to be met from the Harwich ferry, another is from the Newcastle-upon-Tyne ferry and another is from the Hull ferry.

I understand that Mal is looking to organise a discounted overnight ferry departure from Harwich to Hook of Holland.

I don’t want to sabotage any group discount he can negotiate however I live 5 hrs from Harwich but only an hour to Hull
Does anyone fancy joining me traveling on the overnight Hull - Rotterdam route?

Chris

No problems with me Chris, If you get enough I am sure the local ferry company will offer some sort of discount .

Hi Mal,

Just got back from the International Rally in Norway today  _ Fantastic trip with the Dutch members, great driving roads, clocking over 3000 miles  ~    ~  So have Just registered for 2020 MIM,  Let us know on ferry options when sorted,  

All the best and hope all is well with you both,

Alan & Helen,  

glad you had a good time. A bit less driving in May 2020.