2021 ND2 Android Auto

I’ve recently thought about Android Auto in my 2021 ND2. Some on here have given good advice on what it is. However, when I go to the menus in the car Apple Car play is selectable but Android Auto is greyed out and not selectable.
So I’m guessing it’s not an option on my car, which shows an annoying preference by Mazda for apple over Android.
So my question is, since there is a menu entry for Android Auto but it’s greyed out, can it be be dealer activated, perhaps by a SW upgrade?

Seems strange, the software supports both and doesn’t discriminate, the hardware module provides enough power to support this through USB.

My 2019 has Android Auto and Apple Car Play. Each is greyed out until a phone is connected via the upper USB. I use Apple and my wife uses android, make of that what you will.
Obvious question, you do have the App downloaded to your phone?

You need to read the manuals and it will all become clear. If you go here Manuals & Know your Mazda | Mazda UK and have a look round you will find everything you need to know.
:heart:

using the cable can grey out till connected but there is no preference between apple/android they both have there own identities on menu… did you do the firm wear update before fitting the car play …no cable needed for mine as its wifi connected and bluetooth …

this is the version I had fitted for me by chris last year I think there might be a newer version now but mine runs flawlessly …

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.