2023 National Rally

AKA Olive Brown

Did you attend Keith, I didn’t see another NC Recaro?

Great photos Mick. Gaydon; possibly the best location in the UK for the sheer number of MX5s that attended. An excellent venue, superbly organised, parking hassle free.
This very rare Roadster Coupe, around 200 were made for the Japanese market.
Proudly displayed by Andrew on the Autolink stand.

To everybody involved in the organisation of the Rally well done, thank you.
Regards
Keith

6 Likes

Hello Mick
I think I answered your question. One has to look inside my car to check for the
Recaro seats, fearing rain I closed the hard top. The only other distinguishing feature is the Jota style centre exit exhaust. No stickers
I did not see your car among the many hundreds of MX5s.
Cheers
Keith

1 Like

Forgot - I did take one shot… if only I were brave enough, I’d do this in a heartbeat - and my son would love me forever :wink:

1 Like

I missed you, sad but I looked around everywhere.:woozy_face:
We were in the parking area very close to the line of Spirit Green NC’s

Mick
Maybe I should change my car’s colour to Lightning Yellow as per the Roadster Coupe. Then even I would recognise it amongst all the other white cars!
Cheers
Keith

1 Like

I took a couple

1 Like

We were so lucky with the weather. This was my first MX5 event and was made to feel very welcome (no snobbery at all). What an event and location and to top it all my lad won the the push event in the arena! I met a chap at the end (owner of an amazing 3 litre v6 engined mk2) who knew someone who was very much involved in my car’s history (mk1 Martini). Please could you get in touch with Pete’s details as my phone didn’t save his details? Thank you again to everyone involved in such a successful day.

1 Like

I would like to add my appreciation for all the hard work that must have been put in to provide us with such brilliant FREE day out.
Many many thanks to all concerned, heroes one and all.
:heart:

2 Likes

Sorry I missed this.
Working! :woman_shrugging:
Looks like a brilliant event - I really enjoyed last year.

Yes it was superb - thank you to everyone involved.
One of the best things was that there was no loud music booming over the PA so you could actually talk to people without having to shout!
Roll on the next one…

1 Like

One negative that’s if I can call it that, no mx5parts big tent to look and buy goodies.

Unless I missed it I only saw a small set up and guessed you could just order online parts etc. I didn’t bother, sign of the times?

Must add everything was super, from arrival until departure.:+1:

Snap I had saved pennies for a rummage

Mx5Parts made a choice to not bring FULL display this year due to web/warehouse overhaul, BUT they did make a fine offer for members who visited their stand at the rally, of discount for online orders to OC members up until Sunday 1st October.

PS - it was me who shouted “Great car” at you just as you were heading off on Sunday :rofl::wink::+1:

2 Likes

Please don’t. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hiiiii :slight_smile: I wondered who it was that said that :slight_smile: Thanks. Yes got the code and am still trying to decide what I want.

Haha quite local. I’m in Loughborough

Yes the code was very nice to receive from MX5PARTS its saved me over£100+ but it would have been nice to see some products on show delivery was quick order Monday arrived Tuesday morning :wink:

1 Like

1 Like

I didn’t take many photos, but these few I like and have come straight off my camera (no editing).

5 Likes