2024 Motorsport Events?

Will there be any events in the South/SouthEast regions?

Blyton now “in stock” for June 1st.

2 Likes

Just had a look and it’s listed as an MX-5 Only day, but there’s nothing to say it’s exclusive to club members. Hopefully there will be some clarity from the club soon.

Ive booked 2 slots for the 1st. Should be a another great day regardless of organiser. Another track day ticked off. Going to be a busy summer.

Yeah, I’m not going to wait too long before I book anyway. I’m just holding out a bit in case there a club discount. The only disappointment is that it looks like it’s just going to be a single day event this year for nearly the price of last year’s weekender.

Unfortunately the tarmac has been redone, guess they need the extra funds. Full weekend be nice but looking like its not available.

From the state for that approach road last year, they will have needed a lot of Tarmac :rofl:

We also had a Curborough Sprint Day last May. Is that not scheduled to make an appearance this year?

1 Like

The whisper in the wind that I heard is October for that, though how correct that info is I don’t know.

Approach has been done but its single file leading to the track. Be a smooth run if knowone coming opposite way.

If the wind could at least be upgraded to a light breeze, upon which announcements of at least some motorsport activity could arrive, that would be wonderful! :smiley:

5 Likes

Booked on for June 1st :+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

Just had the club email confirming that the MOT Trackdays event on the 1st of June is the club event. Booked a spot, so hopefully see you all there!

Went to my local club meeting yesterday, members there who are closer to the committee than me confirmed that the currently the plan for Curborough is October.

3 Likes

OH NO! looks like I missed this, too slow.
didn’t realize how quick it would sell out and had to get my day pass stamped.

■■■

noooooooooooo same ive just seen this and missed out again!!! not seen any email or comms

It’s a shame that people are missing out. I don’t think last year’s 2 day event was anywhere near sold out on either day, which I suspect contributed to it being downgraded to a single day event this year.

Hopefully if everyone who’s missed out makes themselves known either though here, via their area coordinator or the club motorsport coordinator the club may put on more events next year.

That is a shame it’s not over the entire weekend period as the atmosphere was a lot calmer… a lot of people booked for both days and therefore weren’t so stressed about getting on track every 5 mins, which made for a lot better event for us ‘day trippers’ just doing the single day.

Regardless, if it’s as well organised as last year with a good bunch of friendly members it will be a fun packed day… just someone remember to book the better weather (rain with semi-slicks last year was a bit of a handful :slight_smile:

Lets hope next year they can do a 2 day event again! Would have been great fun.

Looks like they released more tickets! Just bagged one myself. Whoop and holler

2 Likes