20mm spacers

1. My model of MX-5 is: __ NC2
  2. I’m based near: __ Kent
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __ 20mm hubcentric spacers

Hi guys

I have done a search and have some info, but still need some help.

After fitting my MisterR CRD coilovers, I am not happy with the stance of the standard wheels. They fit far too tucked into the arch.

I have seen some people have fit 25mm spacers with some success, but have not seen anyone with 20mm spacers.

Here is my question.

Will 20mm spacers fit with the standard 17" sport wheels?

The standard studs appear to be 26mm long, suggesting they would stick out 6mm beyond the spacer.
The spacer then has it’s own studs which the wheel will bolt to.
But will the 6mm of additional standard stud foul the back mounting face of the OE wheel?
I know the wheels have a recess on the back face between each of the stud holes, but is it deep enough to take the additional 6mm of stud?

I hope that makes sense?..

If not, then I will just go with 25mm spacers, but I would prefer 20mm if they can fit.

Cheers

Antony

I am not running spacers so can’t directly comment on that, but I am running wheels that poke out an additional 25.7mm on 215/45. I haven’t had the camber corrected or wheels aligned yet but have no clearance problems at all dropped on coilovers approx 325mm all round hub centre to arch. I would say they’re going to be flush once camber is sorted and maybe need an arch roll on the back.

I ran 25mm spacers on a previous (non mx5) car and sometimes people had to trim/grind the ends of the studs back a tad to fit the wheels back on. My wheels had pockets provided so I didn’t have to but the ones on the nc wheels are very shallow and won’t help with 6mm over. :+1:

25mm hub centric spacers on standard wheels :+1:t2:

With OEM wheels, 25 is the spacer that will fit without issues. You may have to increase camber with 215 tyres fitted.

I also have CRD’s fitted and was looking at 15mm spacers as I thought 25mm was too much. In the end I found it better to get a new set of wheels with an offset of 40mm but still retaining the 7 inch width

They fit perfectly and wouldn’t want the wheel to protrude any further. There is just enough room to widen the tyres from 205 to 215

Hope that helps

R

Thanks for the responses guys. Much appreciated. Dean, thanks for the photo of the back of the standard wheel mate. Really helpful. :+1: