25th Anniversary and Venture specs

OK. I have sold my 2007 PRHT and now want a 2015 or 2014 PRHT.
What’s the difference between the various models pls?
I can’t find owt out.

Do the have 25th Anniversary ones have LSD and Meister suspension and not the others???

Are there any differences between the later models that I am not aware of pls?
Are the differences purely down to trim and colours???

25th Anniversary and 3.75 Sport Tech Nav are identical in spec (I have both). It’s only colour and trim differences.

1 Like

That’s helpful. Is it true that the red ones go faster???

1 Like

Only if they have speed stripes on the side :slight_smile: (or a 250bhp supercharger, like my red one!)

2 Likes

2013 Venture has tan leather seats and door cards, a Sanyo satnav/stereo which probably no longer works, nice 17" polished alloys, a top mount strut brace, and a Venture badge. The 1.8 soft tops are a lot more distinctive as the top is tan to match the seats. They came in black, grey, blue or copper red and a tan roof doesn’t suit all of these :wink:

1 Like

None came with MeisterR’s suspension, that’s an aftermarket fit for all MX-5’s. They’ll most likely get Bilsteins on the limited edition models if not standard units.

2 Likes

Ta
very helpful

1 Like

The 25th Anniversary would be my choice of the two, nicer colour, bit more unique etc.

I have a 2013 Venture been looking at the 25th Anniversary as a replacement, apart from colour schemes and badges the only difference I could see was the 25th had a gear change / eco light.
Sat navs are different both now very old technology, Ive replacement mine.

1 Like

The 25AE has the optional rear diffuser trim piece as standard along with slightly bigger tailpipes.

Nice to have I suppose, but can always be added to another model.

1 Like

“The 25th had a gear change / eco light”

That’s interesting, just for that model, is it in the cluster?

1 Like

Those special editions didn’t get the benefit of 7 speaker Bose and had to sacrifice for a cheaper system.

1 Like

So, is it purely down to trim e.g. are the Bilstein suspension, LSD, front strut brace the same for all of the later models?
Someone, somewhere told me that the Sports Tech have higher specs - or is it simply different trim?
Seen a 2014 Sports Tech with recaro bucket like seats too, just to confuse me!

Not just on the 25th Anniversary - my 2015 Sport Tech Nav Roadster also has it. It’s in the Rev Counter dial and is utterly, utterly pointless!

1 Like

Mines a later (64 plate) and doesn’t have it, must have been for the very last run of NC’s .

1 Like

If you find an NC Recaro buy it😁

I actually looked at the Sport Venture, the Kuro and 25th Anniversary before buying the Recaro. It’s basically a Sport Tech and as you say with Recaro’s. Yes it has different coloured dash trim panels/roll hoop covers and a smaller instrument binnacle, that’s about it. Mine can be mistaken for a Sport Black except for the seats.

2 Likes

That is a fantastic looking RECARO ,
I had one VERY similar mick :confused::laughing::laughing:

I went to view a red Recaro yesterday In Sheffield, sales team really pushy :rage:asking for my details, trying to arrange finance , rang me 3 times in a hour before I’d even seen it :man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2:

Anyway, apart from gouge and 4 dints in rear n/s arch , 2 in door , 2 in rear o/s arch , rear bumper and front bumper requiring painting ,
Rusting to boot lid around lights ……
It was ok :laughing::laughing::laughing:
I walked away :red_car::red_car::red_car:

2 Likes

That solves one problem. That particular one was on my list IF it’s at CarSuperMarket :wink:

That’s the one :point_up: :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

I know a paint shop in Derby, they’ll sort all those problems out.:+1::grin::grin: