25th Anniversary Editions On the Road

Well there were around 750 25th Anniversary Editions sold last year and around 1100 sold work wide (not 1000). I am a member of a FaceBook Group of owners and drivers of these wonderful cars where we have over 100 members worldwide which include the owners of 59 of the AE model.

The cars in the Group are from the USA (including Hawaii), Australia, Philippines, UK and Belgium though the Belgium car is a european version limited edition of 50 for France and Belgium based on the Venture Sport.

On the 4th July 2015 8 cars in the UK got together in the Brecon Beacons for the weekend and hit the road for a drive. Touring the windy roads and villages we turned many heads and raised smiles and got waves from and surprised looks because of the unusuality of all the cars being identically the same - And yes we did have issues trying to get into the wrong car - I was actually getting into a car after a stop when my wife shouted to me from the passenger seat “wrong car I am over here”

Plenty of photos were taken and I would like to share this photo on behalf of the group of the 8 cars together  - the cars in the picture are:

Edition No’s 87, 107, 375, 529, 578, 583, 689 and 985

Next year the group is looking meeting up in Yorkshire possible with more AE’s in attendance.

If anyone has a 25th Anniversary Edition and would like to be part of the group you will be most welcome,  please feel free to request to join us on FaceBook 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/848788158472183/ 

A brilliant photo and weekend. Met some wonderful people and cars. :slight_smile:

It was a great weekend … Fantastic cars and lovely friendly people ??

It was a great weekend … Fantastic cars and lovely friendly people ??

We all met as strangers but left as friends. What a brilliant weekend we had. Can’t wait for the next meet :slight_smile:

Mike,

Why don’t you try to arrange for Club members with 25AE to meet up at the National Rally we could arrange some space to collectively park them, given the technical 25th anniversary of the car’s launch in the UK?

A great photo! It’s now my desk top on my computer.

It was a great drive and we’re really looking forward to the next one

Jim and Jan

Jim used your photo  - like the name shedned  

Just joined as a fully paid up member so will definitely be going to Kelmarsh Hall.

Iain

the initial view is it work be good to be parked together, what do we need to do to enable this?

DaveB-25thAnniversary in this blog will liaise with you in my absence. 

11 AE cars will be attending Kelmarsh on the 6th September - look out for us we will hopefully be arriving in convoy

Confirmed
#087 #107 
#181 #195 #264 #375 #578 #583 #653 #689 #985 

A further 2 cars may attend:
#127#601 

A few photos of the last 25th Anniversary Editions get together in the Brecon Beacons …

Looking forward to seeing even more 25th AE’s together at Kelmarsh

Just seen this and looking to buy a 25th AE.

Does anybody know of #86 as l am interested in this edition.

Ta muchly

Derek

[quote=Delpel]

Just seen this and looking to buy a 25th AE.

Does anybody know of #86 as l am interested in this edition.

Ta muchly

Derek

[/quote]

This company has 2 for sale…no mention of build number…

https://ebayshowroom.ebaymotorspro.co.uk/emp/showroom.html?cid=ZCCiuXXle2KlHFHNfWdi6Q%3D%3D&adId=12000000019890577

He does have some very nice cars. Also an excellent reputation for supplying quality cars which helps when your distance buying

Derek

In all cases of MX5 special editions the stickers are put on at random by a man in the factory car park.

The are not and were build numbers.

Ok, but the car I’m looking at has No.0086 badge on it.

Hoping somebody on here knows of it and can give me some background. It has quite a lot of scars/scratches and kerbed wheels. How easy is it to paint correct this Soul red paintwork

Derek

Hi,

I am the owner of 25th Anniversary Edition No.0087 and also an administrator of the 25th Anniversary edition group.

We have information for 376 of the 1100 25th AE’s sold worldwide, unfortunately we have no info. for No.0086

Dave