2nd monthly meeting - at The Young Pretender, King's Langley

I’ll be running a 2nd monthly meeting for the Milton Keynes & Chilterns Region.

The meeting will be at:    The Young Pretender, Hempstead Road, King’s Langley, Herts, WD4 8BR   on the 14th May 2013 at 8 pm.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Shobhna

You really don’t get it do you?

What fucking planet are you on? 27-31 days in every month and countless thousands of venues throughout “your” area. I’m sure it’s purely coinsidentally that you choose this particular day and this partucular venue. It was made perfectly clear to both you and the committee that we would not tolerate your area coming in and taking over.

Get what 

What’s not to get? This is not and never has been an OC meet. Do
you lack the imagination to organise your own meets now and just
steal other people’s? Then have rambling conversations without end as
to why no one wants to be in your club.

As you are plainly incapable of sticking to your side of the fence
despite every courtesy shown by myself and fellows of Hemel Massive
and Nutz towards your members over the years. I can only conclude
that this for want of a better term is an act of war and will be
dealt with accordingly.

And yes someone please report this post to the moderators and
committee.

Miles,  

I have been in communication via e-mail with Sara (one of our MX5OC member) for quite a few months now and met up with Sara in April for the very first time to see if we could plan a second meeting to be run for the Milton Keynes & Chilterns Club Members because she felt that it was rather far for herself and quite a few club members to come to Milton Keynes.

The venue was suggested to me by Sara because she knows the area better the I do.

The date was chosen by us both merely by going thru our diaries togethers and finding a day that was free for us both. 

Neither Sara nor I knew that you have your meeting on the same day and at the same time and at the same venue.

I have sent Sara an e-mail to have a chat with her about this, however, I will be attending the 2nd monthly meeting for the Milton Keynes & Chilterns Club Members at the Young Pretender tomorrow. It would be impolite on my part to let down any of the MX5OC members who have decided that they will come to this meeting.

I’d be happy to meet up with you tomorrow.  I know that Sara knows you so she will be able to point you out to me. We have met before, albeit a few years ago now.

Best Regards,

Shobhna Dave

Now I remember why the Northampton group seemed much more inviting.Sad

I have literally no idea what just happened here.  Still, I’ll be at the Young Pretender this evening to see what’s going on.

Not sure either why such apparent open hostility seems to have arisen when what it should be is a social gathering of people with an interest in the Mazda MX-5.<o:p></o:p>

It is now common for regions to meet the neighbours so it seems a shame that a cordial event cannot be held without animosity spoiling the day, we had hoped that this meeting would be one closer to home that we could enjoy, hopefully the comments were tongue in cheek and we can all enjoy each others company.<o:p></o:p>

A very friendly evening tonight, it was nice to meet people from the Southern part of the region and exchange ideas. <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Val and I look forward to future meetings and events hopefully with a little less rain.

Yes indeed, it was a lovely evening with great company, lovely food and a very good turnout.Big Smile

We discussed making this a monthly event and Sara and I will sort out some more dates for the next few months.

We also discussed that it would be a good idea to have the meetings at a few other locations too so please let me have some names of venues with decent sized car-parks that would work for us. Smile

I will be writing to the rain-maker to let us have a drier evening for the next meeting so we can all sit outside and admire our cars. Stick Tongue Out

Shobna / Sara,

Thank you for getting us together.

It was nice to meet new and familiar faces last evening, and to see you again Sara; a good evening despite the forum “trolls” {#emotions_dlg.indif}

Maybe we could find a venue which would be more suitable for a more structured meeting, it can be difficult for everyone to hear conversations in the “pub” environment.

Nevertheless it was good to have a “local” meet once again and Wendy and I look forward to the next.

Martin & Wendy Parr

PS: Who is going up to Pitlochry for the Spring Rally?

Great to hear you has a good evening folks. Big Smile Locked this thread now at request of the OP. Thumbs up