**2nd UPDATE** - "Important Message from our Chairman"

Good morning everyone,

I am just checking to see if everyone received and read the email sent out on Friday 3rd April, ref the latest Covid-19 outbreak and its effect on club gatherings, events & membership?

No need to respond if you did receive the email but if anyone did not see this important update on the way ahead the top-team are proposing, i.e. extending membership by 3 months, please do not hesitate to contact me on (mal.rowland@mx5oc.co.uk) and I will forward the email to you direct.

Best Regards

Mal Rowland

Joint Solent Area Coordinator with Terry Botto, for the MX5OC

A message from the Chairman

A message from Martin Curtis, MX-5 Owners Club Chairman

Dear MX-5 Owners Club Members,

I’m hoping that this message finds you well in these extraordinary times.

We know that with so many parts of our lives being disrupted right now, there are many priorities that deservedly come before your MX-5 and your membership of the MX-5 Owners Club.

Usually, cars (and MX-5s in particular) are our outlet from the troubles of the world, but right now we’re in a situation where the Club can’t even deliver its usual calendar of events and activities.

But for us at the Club, just looking at our MX-5s or going and sitting in them reminds us that our current situation won’t last forever, and that the good times will return, and hopefully soon. We’ll get through this as a community, and accordingly, we don’t want you to worry about remaining a part of that community.

We know that many of our members will be up against it in the weeks and months to come, so we’ve decided to extend everyone’s membership* of the Club by three months at no cost. It means that if you’re coming up for renewal in the next few weeks, you can direct that money towards your families and still remain a part of the MX-5 community that we treasure so much. And if you’ve renewed in the past 12 months, you’ll have an extra three months added on. This is also on offer to new members who join us in this time.

You’ll continue to receive Soft Top Hardtop in the post, online newsletters, and access to the forums and member-only offers. We won’t issue updated membership cards but all benefits will be extended for three months past your listed expiry date. Proof of the extended membership, but only if absolutely essential, can be emailed to you by the Membership Admin team.

I’m also sure that you will have witnessed the cancellation or postponement of all motoring events around the world in the coming months, and I’m afraid to announce that our July National Rally and all Club motorsport activities have been added to that list. The team is working exceedingly hard to rearrange our events and we will be in touch with you all as soon as the plans are ready.

There are still plenty of ways to engage with our brilliant MX-5 community, and we’re hearing some great things about all kinds of online activity, from virtual Club meets, increased Club chat on platforms such as Skype, Zoom and WhatsApp, and of course our website and Club forum. In addition to being a great place to chat, these are all invaluable resources providing many tips on tackling those stay-at-home jobs on your MX-5 – why not log in and show us what you’re up to?

When the restrictions begin to lift, the MX-5 Owners Club will still be here for you, ready to go when you are. When we finally get the green light, it’s going to be one heck of a time!

I look forward to us all getting together again soon,

Martin Curtis

*all members as current on March 15 2020, New Member offer extends membership until the end of June 2021

If you have any questions please visit the ‘Ask the Chairman’ thread on the Club forum

Visit the MX5OC Forum

Visit the MX5OC on Facebook
Facebook\ 24x24

Twitter\ 24x24

Link\ 24x24

Website\ 24x24

Copyright © 2020 MX-5 Owners Club, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in via our website.

Our mailing address is:

MX-5 Owners Club

Kernshill, Shute Street

Stogumber

Taunton, Somerset TA4 3TU

United Kingdom

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp\ 139x54