3.5 and 3.75 fog lights

Does anyone know what is different about the NC3.5 foglights compared to the 3.75 foglights?

I have a 3.75 bumper and before getting it painted etc and removing the old bumper i’d like to know if the current 3.5 foglights are going to fit or not.

Many thanks

I did look that up once. According to MX5 Parts they are different.
I would guess the fitment as the actual light looks the same.
Send them an email as they are normally very helpful. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

According to SG Petch, the fog light itself will fit? It’s the bezels that differ, from what I can see?

Barrie

That’s what I thought too but I was then baffled as to why mx5 parts list the lamp / glass assembly as a separate part. I have the bezel already on the new bumper so I’ll guess I’ll have to just find out when I come to remove the old one and fit the new one

Are you sure you have the bezel? I thought I had everything I needed, then realised the lamps sit in a housing (the bezel) which sits behind the plastic “eye” already in place (just need to remove the blank). I have had 4 attempts at removing the front “eye” without breaking the retaining lugs, but have still not managed it, I’m worried I will be a little too heavy handed after gentle persuasion fails🙄

Well I have removed both the eye that you can see from the front of the bumper and also Unclipped a part that’s clipped very firmly to the back of those eyes.

I’ve been mad busy at work and haven’t progressed with the paint job at all yet but I’ll report I’m when I’m on it.

so, after almost a year i got round to getting my 3.75 bumper fitted to my 2011 3.5 car.

I can confirm the the fog lights for the 3.5 DO FIT into the 3.75 bumper. I should add that my 3.75 bumper came with the outer bezels and the inner plastic mount that the actual fog lamp bolts into.

I don’t know why MX5 parts etc list them as different parts,.

Here is a link to the 3.5 lamps mounted in the 3.75 bracket before i mounted them.

1 Like