6 Nations 2023

Well day one has gone to form with Ireland overpowering Wales and Scotland retaining the Calcutta Cup against England :grinning::blush::blush:

Tomorrow brings us Italy vs France which in a World Cup year will provide an interesting overview of form and ambition for both teams.

1 Like

I do enjoy watching the Calcutta cup, I’m a Scots Cornish hybrid, but have always been rooting for Scotland, winning at Twickenham, well thats just the best

1 Like

I would have liked to see an England win today, but it is good to see the improvement in Scotland’s rugby that led to the win.

I don’t follow the game in detail, so am a bit baffled as to why Eddie Jones was pushed out. Doesn’t seem to have helped with England’s performance on the pitch.

2 Likes

Well, considering Italy’s performance against France this afternoon, England should be worried !

3 Likes

It will be an interesting one, both teams with something to prove, 2023 is looking like it could be a classic competition. :rugby_football:

1 Like

The Van der Merwe try was one of the best I have ever seen, such agility from a guy of 6’ 4" and 16.5 stone. Glad the scots won just to see him get man of the match.

Italy played a great game today. Good to see as we have got used to them being complete no hopers. I’m guessing the French are favourites to win and well deserved; perhaps today will be their hardest match.

A bruising win for the Irish giving France something to think about today.

Scotland winning their second match of the 2023 championship and adding the Doddie Weir cup to their silverware collection has to be the highlight though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.