70 reg Mazda 3 locks and keys

1. My model of MX-5 is: __
  2. I’m based near: __
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __

My neighbour had her house robbed on Saturday, amongst things like TV, 3 laptops etc she had her spare car keys taken.
She is now in a position where she and her car are staying at her friends in fear of them coming back and taking her car or worse.

Would it be possible to reprogram her remaining key and ignition and locks.

This is a 70reg keyless entry Mazda 3.

Think it needs to be done at a dealer but they can reprogram to remove the stolen key. The hidden key in the fob will still be able to physically open the door but it won’t disable the alarm and won’t start the car.

1 Like

I think Roadie is right with this.
Has she enquired at the dealership?
I’d hazard a guess that this will cost £300 but the stolen unit will be rendered completely useless and a replacement supplied with starting and remote facilities.
On the MX5, albeit earlier models, remote and transponder programming both work in the same way. Once in programming mode everything is deleted and then needs to be re-added.
It may also be easier and possibly cheaper because there is a working unit.
The only comforting thing with this model where no physical key is that there will be no requirement to change all the locks and ignition.

1 Like

Assuming it’s the same sort of keys as a mx5 we can program them

I could too rodders but suggest on a 2020/21 car, particularly keyless, it may be a different proposiion?

We can do the latest keyless systems with our new equipment

1 Like

Worth checking whether the home insurance covers this. The car key was stolen from inside the house. Therefore it should be classed as contents. A receipt for ‘supply and program replacement for stolen key’ should be enough to add to the claim.

1 Like

Rodders…what can you do buddy?
i can do more or less anything with MK1-mk2.5 cars transponders, immobilisers and ecus; and Clone transponders on MK3
Struggle with MK3 ecu to speedo cluster connection and transponder chip connection to same and no clue with MK4.
Please let me know what you can add to what I have available?
I have referred customers to you; it would be nice to get something back.

Thank you

Rob.

Thankyou for the replies and suggestions, as of yet i haven’t been able to speak to my neighbour, she as far as i know is still staying with her friends along with her car.
I will let you know the outcome on how she gets the car fob and locks resolved.
Dave.

2 Likes

Hi Rob
I have purchased the software to allow me to do the mk4 keys

Happy to work with you ……

Udate;
It turns out the car is a Mazda CX30 (my mistake) i have spoken with the owner and the car is being booked into a Mazda dealer, to have locks and keys changed at a cost of £1,500 which she will have pay herself but then pass the bill to the insurance company, who will then reimburse her.

One of her laptops has been traced to a block of local flats 1/2 a mile away which has possibly 10 dwellings, the police say they can’t search all the flats…(Why the hell not?).

The only good thing is that if the laptop is accessed it will in effect self-destruct and become useless.
Dave.

Hi Dave

I think the CX30 keyless system is very similar, if not the same as the Mazda 3?
Why the huge cost and why lock replacement? Not a real problem as insurance or if looked at another way, you and I, will be paying for it.
As to why the police are not willing or indeed capable of doing their job, well it’s just symptomatic of modern society where nothing really works, even close to the way it should. Your neighbours theft is just another benefit boost to fund self indulgent low life with their drug habits; easier for the police to let it happen. Yet again we actually fund this, rather than address another of societies failings.
It would be wishful thinking to imagine the laptop self destructing and taking out all 10 flats and occupants:-)

Police need a search warrant from a judge to do any search. They need to provide good cause for a warrant to be issued. 10% chance of there being anything in each individual property won’t be enough to get a warrant.

Now they could ask the occupants for permission to do a search but look at it this way. If a police officer knocked on your door and asked for permission to search your home from top to bottom what would you say?

The chances are that the people responsible for this haven’t been squeaky clean all their lives and will be well known to the police. They probably have a damn good idea which property the stolen goods are in. But a hunch doesn’t get a search warrant. I’m sure that they will be under increased surveillance over the next few days. Their vehicles will be bringing up a warning signal every time they pass an ANPR camera too.

There is more than one way to skin a rabbit.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.