8th September Norfolk Fives Mid Week Run

Wednesday 8th September is David’s monthly run this time to the north and east of Norwich to the RAF Radar Museum and possibly How Hill. Experience the country’s only original Cold War Operations Room which formed a critical link in the RAF’s Command and Control System after WW2.With twenty four exhibition rooms and talks in both WW2 and Cold War rooms this is one of Norfolk’s best kept secrets. Tickets @ £12 pp are valid for repeat visits for 12 months.
Depending on time available our return route may take in How Hill where we can walk to the water garden.

Meet 9.15am B&Q South car park, Neatmarket, Norwich NR4 6DW
Outward run will pass RAF Neatishead, as of 2006 downgraded to Remote Radar Head but remains on operational status.
Please let me know if you intend to join this run, David

David
Laurie
Richard
Christopher & Keith

Is that Bloodhound on our tail?

Hi David,
Could you put me on the list for this please. How Hill is definately a bonus.
Thanks, Laurie

Laurie you’re on mine and the RAF Museum’s ‘Radar’ (cringe, sorry about that couldn’t resist).

Hi David,

Would love to come on this run. I visited the museum in the early nineties not long after it first opened and would be interested to see how it’s evolved. Hope we can squeeze How Hill in as I don’t think I’ve ever been there.
Many thanks.
Richard W.

Welcome Richard. Trip down memory Lane then, bit like the last run.
David

Hi David - can you put me down for this trip please?
Thanks
Chris

Chris I have you on the list, welcome.
David

Thanks David. I assume it is OK to have a passenger.

Cheers

Chris

Chris,
Passenger is very welcome. can we have a name please.
There is an entry fee at the RAF Radar Museum of £12 pp but its valid for a year so return visits are possible. At least that’s what I understand. I’ll check this on arrival tomorrow particularly as two of those attending have expressed an interest in visiting How Hill in the afternoon and I for one will probably need more at the museum so I can see me visiting again.

David

Hi David
Passenger name is Keith. He did National Service at RAF Bawburgh and therefore has an interest in the local RAF history including Neatishead. I am happy to go to How Hill or not depending on group feelings.

Note - Keith is a bit frail at the moment, so it is possible we will need to bail early, but most likely not. he is really looking forward to the trip.

Chris

Fabulous day David- many thanks. Perfect weather and what a surprise to be welcomed at the museum by former Norfolk Five Ian Moulton. How Hill was well worth a visit even if our lunches were rather sugarier than we would have wished! Richard.

Hi David
Thanks for arranging this trip along with the great company and wonderful weather. Sorry we missed you at the end, but hopefully see everyone on the next Norfolk Fives Mid Week Run.
Cheers
Chris and Keith

Thank you David for yet another brilliant run, together with a birthday present idea for my grandson (for anyone interested, search for “Rokit Water Powered Rocket Launcher Kit” on eBay).
Laurie

Laurie,
I ordered a Rockit - being delivered on Monday! Forget the grandchildren I’m keeping mine.
David