A drive & visit to The Selsey Arms, Chichester on Sunday 6th March 2020

Hi All,
Sorry, Terry & I won’t be able to join you this Saturday as I’m working. Must try and sort out my sunday work schedules so that we can join you all.
Have a lovely drive, the food sounds delicious :+1:
See you soon
Di & Terry xx

Hi Diane & Terry,
Sorry you will not be joining us on this run but fully understand that work comes first.
Mal x

HI Everyone,

This one is going well, with 12 people signed up for the drive & lunch thus far.

If any others wish to join us then please let uys know as soon as possible, as the 6th March will soon be upon us.

Regards

Mal & Terry

Hi Mal Chris and Doug,
Can you please put myself and Clare on the list for this one.
Food order is
2 fish and chips
2 chocolate Mousses

Money to the usual pay pal account.

Thanks

Hi Tug & Clare,

Great news, I will add your choices to the spreadsheet.

Currently, the venue has not asked for monies up front, so hold fire on a PayPal payment, unless I advise otherwise.

Rgds

Mal

Hi again everyone,

Sorry I have not posted on the subject of PayPal Payments sooner but I have been busy with the builders here working on our Conservatory upgrade - delays due to rain :frowning_face:

I have already had a couple of payments via PayPal, so if anyone wishes to send a PayPal payment to me (malrowland21@gmail.com) I will note this on the spreadsheet. Don’t forget to select the paying a friend or family box🙂 Alternatively, if members wish to pay by card or cash on the day, I am sure that will be fine also.

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal

Not sure if too late to add names to the list, new members and initially thought we were tied up on Sunday

Regards

Howard and Julie

Hi Julie & Howard,
Sorry for the delay, just got in from Tai-Chi🙂
We would be absolutely delighted to have you join us. Fortunately, I am awaiting another meal order from two others that wish to join us and will need to send an update to the venue.
So, please let me have your meal choices soonest and I will add them to the spreadsheet before sending tomorrow.
Regards
Mal

Hi Mal

Many thanks will let you know asap meal choice

Regards

Howard & Julie

Hi Mal

Julie
Soup of the Day
Spicey Lentil Burger

Howard
Steak burger
Fruit Crumble with Custard

Look forward to meeting all on Sunday

regards

Howard

Hi Howard,

Fantastic - I will put that on the spreadsheet and send it off now.

I look forward to meeting you at the Start Point on Sunday.

Regards

Mal

Dear All,

The final orders have now been sent to the Selsey Arms, so we are all set for Sundays Drive.

Chris & Doug, together with Serena and I look forward to seeing you all at Sainsbugs, Farlington on Sunday and let us hope the weather is kind to us😎

Best Regards

Mal

2 Likes

A big thank you goes out to Chris & Doug Phillip’s, for leading today’s drive from Sainsburys, Farlington, to The Selsey Arms, West Dean, Near Chichester.

We had ten MX5’s meet at Farlington, where we were delighted to welcome new members to Solent Area; Howard & Julie together with Dean & Sarah.

Chris & Doug then led us via the A27 and A3, where we turned off towards Horndean & Rowlands Castle.

Serena and I were meant to be the “rear-guard car” but due to a series of traffic lights and roundabouts, we got separated from the main group but navigated our way via Funtington to West Dean, where we met up with everyone in the Selsey Arms Car Park. The room we had been allocated by Nikki was excellent for our group of 19, as was the food :+1:

The feedback we had from members was very positive and we have vowed to return in the Autumn and to this end, I spoke to Nikki (Landlady) before we left, who was still busy working in the kitchen, due to their chef currently being off sick about this and said I would email her to arrange a date and also took the opportunity to tell her how delighted we were with the food and service.

Below are some photos I took on Serena’s phone, as I had left mine at home on the dining table :roll_eyes:
If anyone took photos today, could they please send them to me on; solent@mx5oc.co.uk so I can put them in the next Solent Area Newsletter :wink:

Best Regards

Mal

1 Like

Dear All
Just wanted to say thank you for making us both feel welcome, had a great day and are looking foward to the next event
regards
Howard & Julie

1 Like