a few things

Ok I am not wanting to start a slanging match ,name calling post or even mild bitching but a few things are still troubling me about a a few things at the national rally   1 arriving and being directed to the comps area we did not pass through registration or past the entrance photographer 2 there was moderate confusion on where to park as classes seemed confused , this is not a moan ,downer on any one at all but being a first time competitor i was very confused [this is not difficult to do! ]  3 there seemed to be no audible info about events i.e. judging , prize presentation etc   I realise that it is difficult , time consuming and stress full to organise this kind of thing and it is done by volonteers so this is no a moan at any one ! . We decided to have a wander round the show and located the registration and entry point and booked in got the gift but no plaque or wrist bands and enjoyed the rest of the day .when will a result sheet be available please ,sorry to be a pain in the bum but would just like to clear things in my own mind   many thanks in advance   mick

All Valid points Mick, so don’t worry about content.

Mick,

As a competitor you were sent specific information separate from attendees prior to the rally, this contained your windscreen pass and specific instructions for you to access the event. Most of the points you raise are covered in this information.

Competitors need to arrive earlier than rally attendees to be parked and to prepare. At this event to facilitate that you were directed to the exhibitor entrance which was separate from the main event gate, reasons for that were explained in the welcome information, but this is to allow you to get in, be set up allow 1 hour of fettling time to take care of road marks or grime from travelling, before the judging is scheduled to commence.

On the issue of photograph, it is not possible to cover the exhibitor entrance and the main gate as the photographer can only be in one location, additionally he is not scheduled to commence shooting until about or after your allocated arrival time.
I am afraid there is little I can do to do this any other way. I am sure there will be additional coverage of the competition arena in the Club magazine and if you see pictures of your car on display, the Magazine Editor should be able to arrange a copy of any pictures for you.

Getting competitors into place takes time, there was allocated signage on the fences surrounding the competitions area to help the team set out the cars, and I am sure you understand that as a spectacle of the event a certain amount vehicle alignment was undertaken. Your patience at this time was requested in the letter. "On Approach please display the competition pass in the windscreen of the vehicle that you will be bringing on site. Vehicles without passes will be directed to general parking. Please ONLY enter the Rally by the Arrival Gate noted above at the time specified and follow the signage and marshals to your designated area. You will be directed to a holding area or your stand position by marshals. Please be patient at this stage as this invariably takes a little time."

Following that there was additional instructions to make your way to the entrance tent to collect your program, plaque and gift “After you arrive, please take your vehicle pass and membership card to the registration tent for the event :” However, I am not sure why you did not receive a wristband, programme, plaque and gift as they were being handed out as a package.

The programme on the day was in constant reference by the commentator with times and locations and what was happening where, with such a large site it was not possible to cover all of it, but this was supplemented with information provided in the printed programme.

Car result sheets were provided to each vehicle. I am afraid that posting tables of results on the forum is proving troublesome I have them collectively on a pdf, (please use the zoom functions)

http://s366617952.websitehome.co.uk/MX5/Competition_Results_donington.pdf

I have read Iains explanations comments and accept them, can we put this matter to bed  and move on please

YES I am quite happy now with most of what has been said and I have down loaded the results which were my main interest the lack of a rally plate is a minor consideration all in all a good day and as Mc Arthur said " I shall return "

Nice to see a historical quote instead of one from a movie!